Notice to BtB Members

Sirius631
Sirius631 Posts: 991
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Dear Born to Bike Member,

I hope you are looking forward to the new season, with all the racing in store. Were you hoping of competing in the South Staffs and Shropshire Cycle Clubs Road Race League? Well tough titty, your club couldn't be arsed to attend the AGM so were unable to take on the organising of an event, the only criteria for affiliation. This, of course, means that you will be unable to register for the league ahead of schedule, will have to sit around until 6:30 to get a ride, pay extra, and then you will not be able to score points for the league standings. I suggest you join a proper club, whose Race Secretary can actually be arsed to attend meetings.

By the way, when are you holding your open '10' this year? Oh, you are not promoting a '10'. Well, what about your open '25'? Oh, you're not doing a '25' either. Any club events planned ? No ? I suppose you'll need the rest after getting back from Majorca. Oh, your club doesn't organise an early holiday/training camp ? Well, I'm sure your club coach will have members fit and primed for the season anyway. What, you don't have a club coach? I know you are not promoting an open road race, so what are you actually doing to promote and support the sport? Club runs? Oh, we have those too, but that's nothing. So, basically, what you are saying is that your club does bugger all.

Yours in sport.
To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.

Comments

• lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Feel better now?
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • I like weetabix.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I might be wrong, but I get the feeling you're not a big fan of BtB. :roll:
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Born to whinge?

Christ, now I remember why I don't get involved with clubs. Get a life.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Time to find a new club.....if they'll accept you after that very strange post on a public forum. Maybe you should become Competition Secretary instead of expecting others to attend the meetings??
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Archery looks good.

bow2tt4.jpg
  • Cornerblock, That looks like a good start for a "Girls doing other sports" thread.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Time to find a new club.....if they'll accept you after that very strange post on a public forum. Maybe you should become Competition Secretary instead of expecting others to attend the meetings??

I am a Race Secretary. That was a public service announcement, not a winge from within.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    It's amazing how so many people expect events to just... happen, and run like clockwork. They turn up, have their fun, drink the tea and eat the cake then go home. They don't do anything or attend events if they aren't participating then whinge because the club isn't doing the stuff they want. It's difficult even getting people to marshal occasionally for a club time trial! (hardly an onerous task)
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.