Transition 'Winners'

josame
josame Posts: 1,141
edited January 2012 in Pro race
My Q relates to the transition period from the darker days of the sport to the light(er) period now:

Which riders (that have been around in both periods) have shown improvements that are 'likely' to be because of regime change...

Obvs: Cuddles, Wiggins, Voekler, Pip...
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Jurgen Van Den Broeck
    Jelle Vanendert?

Scarponi seems to be a GT contender now, but i think for opposite reasons than the above. Hhmmmm.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    josame wrote:
    My Q relates to the transition period from the darker days of the sport to the light(er) period now:

Which riders (that have been around in both periods) have shown improvements that are 'likely' to be because of regime change...

Of the four listed I'd only bet money that Evans is/was clean ...
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    josame wrote:

Of the four listed I'd only bet money that Evans is/was clean ...

The thing is if Evans is meant to be clean then how did he beat all these doped up riders. It's the same argument everyone uses against LA. He can't be clean as everyone else was doping
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    sherer wrote:
    The thing is if Evans is meant to be clean then how did he beat all these doped up riders. It's the same argument everyone uses against LA. He can't be clean as everyone else was doping

Are they all doping though? And is the doping that those that are doping are doing really doing much? The speeds that they've been climbing at recently were not much better than the likes of the stars of the 80s.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    RichN95 wrote:
    sherer wrote:

Are they all doping though? And is the doping that those that are doping are doing really doing much? The speeds that they've been climbing at recently were not much better than the likes of the stars of the 80s.

Well Eddie Merckx seems to have debumked the times of riders

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/merckx- ... an-cycling
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    TBF, he's not exactly saying anything we didn't know...riders speeds are a function of lots of things, using them to detect doping isn't going to be accurate. They offer an indication but nothing more.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live