Etta James RIP

random man
random man Posts: 1,518
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Legend.

Comments

• McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Now that is a real downer, she had a serious set of pipes on her! Got a few of her albums :(

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Who?
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    God bless ya Etta. In these days of talentless Simon Cowell cash cows, we have lost another great singer.

Great choice random man.
  • A sad day for fans of real music.

(Although I do have to admit I always preferred the Chicken Shack version of 'I'd rather go blind'.)
  • First Sid, now his wife Etta, sad indeed.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    First Sid, now his wife Etta, sad indeed.

She won't be seeing Sid in Heaven though.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    At last

Quality.
  • cornerblock
    Bozman wrote:
    At last

Quality.

What? You're happy she's dead?
  • Bozman wrote:
    At last

Quality.

I know what you meant. LOL
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Bozman wrote:
    At last

Quality.

Sorry, a bit of a play there, if you haven't listened to her...start now.
    "At last"was one of her better known tracks but take that as a starter and move on.
  • cornerblock
    Bozman wrote:
    Bozman wrote:
    At last

Quality.

Sorry, a bit of a play there, if you haven't listened to her...start now.
    "At last"was one of her better known tracks but take that as a starter and move on.

Very good. :lol: I have listened to her, just a bit too quick to post, slow to think.
  • Got into blues some 20 odd years ago and got a compilation disc with some Etta James music on it. I listen to it mainly when Mrs V is out as it's not her thing - Etta's voice carried soooo much feeling and passion, +1 with cornerblock's comment, can't stand Cowell and his brand of 'entertainment' hopefully people will get bored with it and it will fall over big style...
  • She was a true original - I love her voice.

Her story is a real "blues legend" type of thing with drink, drugs, failed loves etc., but her final disaster was about her song "At Last". Seems she always wanted to sing the song at the inauguration of the first black president. She was completely gutted when it was sung, but by Beyonce.

RIP Etta