A little confused about tyres

mattblue
mattblue Posts: 88
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
...not that it takes much...

Im decided to change the speedkings to Nobby Nics 2.25

Could someone advise which would be best as there are various types of them and im in way over my head

For starters am thinking of getting these

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a38242 ... html?lg=en

But then I saw these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=19166

Any help please :-)
Boardman pro ht 2010

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Schwalbe website has details of various compounds, casings etc - approx 10 trillion permutations. Good luck.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • All good and well, only downside is that I do not understand it...hence me posting
    Boardman pro ht 2010
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    "Which would be best?"

Best for peeling potatoes? Picking the kids up from school? Washing your hair? Doing sexytime with your man in bed?
  • mattblue
    mattblue Posts: 88
    edited January 2012
    best for trail riding - not xc racing
    Boardman pro ht 2010
  • black round folding version ones with nobbles on?
  • :mrgreen: ahh well i tried for answers.
    Boardman pro ht 2010
  • depends on the bike too really, is it a light xc or aggressive all mountain?
  • Im using a boardman ht pro 2010 - will be looking to use it on green and blue trails - brecon and the forest of dean.

Reading back ive worded things incorrectly hence the replies :-) ( I am a newbie though)

I picked up my bike from rush yesterday and colin suggested Nobby nics 2.25...but with different types of nobby nics ie performance/evo i was a little unsure which to go for.

Cheers

Matt
    Boardman pro ht 2010
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Performance are the more basic ones, Evo are the 'better' rubber compounds - newer ones may be called Pacestar compound. Look for folding ones as they tend to be lighter. If you're worried about punctures then the snakeskin ones can be useful. Are there any more?

In your links the first ones look to be the latest spec and are a good price. The CRC ones, I'm not sure. Have a look at NextDayTyres, they may be cheaper. On One also have some good deals but tend to be old models