B-Line - Llandegla

phoebian
phoebian Posts: 497
edited January 2012 in Your pics and vids
I thought as this trail looks really cool and I haven't been mountain biking for a few months due to work and other things, I'd give a it go. Ended up with a lovely bail and walked pretty much all the way back to the car park in pain.

I am now suffering with pain here and there and have swollen and bruised areas on my body. I am now having fun trying to walk properly.

Thanks to the very helpful guy who stayed with me and pushed my bike up the the trail for me. Appreciated!!!!

http://youtu.be/COGFsCYp1sw

Comments

• ohhh bad times.

did the wind take up in the air or was it a bit of styling gone wrong?

hope you get better and back out riding soon though!
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • phoebian
    No wind and no style lol. I think I lost it on the jump before but didn't bother to slow down and took off in the wrong direction slightly. I think I went there today with the intention of pushing myself more than I usually do, because I want to progress more on jumps. I don't regret it, but I hate the pain lol.

I will be back out just as soon as my arse will let me put it on the saddle!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    ouch, looks quite painful.

i have seen way too many people lose it or nearly lose it on head cam vids on the exact same jump
  • jay12 wrote:

i have seen way too many people lose it or nearly lose it on head cam vids on the exact same jump

+1... seems the jump of choice to stack it on :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    jay12 wrote:

+1... seems the jump of choice to stack it on :lol:
    i think it's the fact you can't see the landing when you take off and infact the landing is slightly to the right so people panic to try not to hit the "wall" on the left
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    thought it was b line as in whistler bike park.. :(:(:(:(

looked like you dropped your elbow on the take off.. you defo turned the bars.. not good done it my self a few times. did you have any injuries..
  • phoebian
    delcol wrote:
    thought it was b line as in whistler bike park.. :(:(:(:(

looked like you dropped your elbow on the take off.. you defo turned the bars.. not good done it my self a few times. did you have any injuries..

Sorry to disappoint! I'd love to be able to afford to go over there :(

I don't know how I ended up how I did, I think I just panicked when I noticed the trail not being where I wanted it to be :o

I have a few scrapes on my arm and head(helmet saved me) bruises on my right hip and a bruised and sore left bum cheek. My back is the worst though as I can't bend over properly or lift things up :(
    Hopefully wont last too long as I want to get out and right as soon as!
  • kay2
    kay2 Posts: 28
    that jump just seems to ;lead you in along that line and the bank on the left is battle scarred with failed landings!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Yeah, pretty sure I almost stuffed that one up as well...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Ouch! Hope you're mending up nicely. Where abouts is that? Looks pretty tough.

EDIT: I should learn how to read!! :lol: :roll:
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    kay2 wrote:
    that jump just seems to ;lead you in along that line and the bank on the left is battle scarred with failed landings!

it does ! I was glad to have seen another vid of it first before I went, as if you hit it hard and straight, you pretty much end up in the dirty bit on the left.. Mental note of in on the left, out to the right..
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Better tell me which one to look out for on the 28th!!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • DodgeT
    No worries, be something like "next one, hit it full pelt, straight down the middle, ooh, you may want to go left a bit"

weeeeeeeeeee :P
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    DodgeT wrote:
    No worries, be something like "next one, hit it full pelt, straight down the middle, ooh, you may want to go left a bit"

weeeeeeeeeee :P

Right a bit right??

I know what your up too, trying to get to hit the wall :shock:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • DodgeT
    me, never :D
  • That one landing after that jump catches loads of riders out.

For your first one or two runs anywhere new always look before you leap, and ride it slower.