North wales natural descents - go pro footage

ilovedirt
ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
edited January 2012 in Your pics and vids
So I was having a little play with my new go pro on one of the local hills around here (Moel y Ci), the camera angle still isn't great, but I did a little edit of the footage I got today here. Enjoy and let me know what you think.
Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5

Comments

• sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    some good looking terrain, but you've had the same problem as most people and just mainly filmed the bars and top tube.

is there an angle adjust on these chest mounts??
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • Had the same problem with mine just tilted it back as far as it would go results are i little better i think ,still room for improvement ,a couple of different angles on this clip http://youtu.be/vO4Kg-BWy44
  • ilovedirt
    sanchez89 wrote:
    some good looking terrain, but you've had the same problem as most people and just mainly filmed the bars and top tube.

is there an angle adjust on these chest mounts??
    There is, however It was only my second time using it, and it's quite hard to see what you're filming with it on your chest! I've changed the angle (turned it upside-down) and changed the resolution to a taller one for todays ride, so i'll see if I've cracked it or not!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    wayne1966 wrote:
    Had the same problem with mine just tilted it back as far as it would go results are i little better i think ,still room for improvement ,a couple of different angles on this clip http://youtu.be/vO4Kg-BWy44

Best way around I found was turning the camera upside down in the harness that way you can tilt it to the angle you want and more.

If you put it in the 'upright' position, you can't tilt it back that far, thus getting the downwards angle when you're in the attack position. It's quite surprising how far you do need to have it tilted so that when you're in the attack position it doesn't point at the ground.

Just remember to change the settings on the gopro to record upside down ;)
  • ilovedirt
    Briggo wrote:
    wayne1966 wrote:
    Had the same problem with mine just tilted it back as far as it would go results are i little better i think ,still room for improvement ,a couple of different angles on this clip http://youtu.be/vO4Kg-BWy44

Best way around I found was turning the camera upside down in the harness that way you can tilt it to the angle you want and more.

If you put it in the 'upright' position, you can't tilt it back that far, thus getting the downwards angle when you're in the attack position. It's quite surprising how far you do need to have it tilted so that when you're in the attack position it doesn't point at the ground.

That's what I did today, the video came out alright, however i was using a longer mount so it bounced around a bit, i'll experiment some more! It is surprising how far up you need to point it though!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Briggo wrote:
    wayne1966 wrote:

Cheers Briggo i will give that a try next time i,m out :D
  • ilovedirt
    Another video from a local hill today, watch it here.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5