My Scott CR1 Pro.
SAM_0329.jpg
SAM_0330.jpg
SAM_0331.jpg
SAM_0332.jpg
SAM_0333.jpg
SAM_0336.jpg
SAM_0337.jpg

Frame: Scott CR1 / HMF NET IMP Carbon technology Road Comfort geometry Integrated BB
Fork: Scott CR1 / HMF NET 1 1/8" Carbon steerer Integrated Carbon DropoutFront
Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-6703
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra RD-6700
Number of Gears: 20
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra ST-6700 / Dual Control
Chainset: Shimano Ultegra / Hollowtech II
Chainrings: FC-6700, 50 x 34 T
Bottom Bracket: Integrated Shimano Dura-Ace SMI-FC 7800
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-6700 11-28 T
Chain: Shimano Ultegra CN-6700
Pedals: Time i-clic Carbon
Front Brake: Shimano Ultegra BR-6700 Super SLR Dual pivot
Rear Brake: Shimano Ultegra BR-6700 Super SLR Dual pivot
Brake Levers: Integrated with shifters
Handlebars: FSA SL-K Compact Carbon Handlebar 31.8mm
Stem: FSA SLK carbon
Headset: Ritchey Integrated Cartridge
Rims: Mavic Ksyrium Elite 11 Black, 18 Front / 20 Rear
Front Hub: Mavic Ksyrium Elite 11 Black
Rear Hub: Mavic Ksyrium Elite 11 Black
Spokes: Mavic Ksyrium Elite 11 Black
Front Tyre:Continental Ultra Race, Fold, 700 x 23
Rear Tyre:Continental Ultra Race, Fold, 700 x 23
Saddle: Fizik Kurve Bull
Seatpost: FSA SLK Carbon Pro 31.6/300 mm
Weight: 7.24 kg / 15.95 lbs approx
Accessories: 2 x Bontrager Carbon Bottle Cages Black

I am happy with the way the bike looks. Rides like a dream. Seems to absorb most of the road chatter and doesn't leave me feeling too stiff or tired out after longer 70 mile + rides.
So much more acceleration compared to my old Fuji Team 1.

Am looking for a carbon out and out race bike as a second addition to the stable for short road rides and possible racing.

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Nice looking bike. Is it a matt black finish?

People always get flamed for criticizing bike set ups but here goes anyway.

I'm not sure what you would gain by buying an "all out" race bike. There's a decent stack of spacers under your stem and combined with a relatively tall head tube I'd guess your position is pretty upright at the moment. I'm sure you could achieve a more aggressive position simply by making some tweeks rather than buying a whole new bike. Saddle position is not normal, looks very tilted to me.

I'd recommend upgrading the rubber. I had some ultra race and they felt harsh and just horrible. People have their favourites so have a look around.

Enjoy

Oh and someone's gonna say it so it might as well be me. Loose the disc thing behind your cassette.
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Thanks for the advice.

The saddle is slightly tilted. has taken me 3 saddles and much experimenting. Changed the seat post in the week so may have over tilted it but flat is slightly uncomfortable.

Will lose the disc thing.

What rubber would you recommend?
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Yup, lose the dork disc first and foremost. For top end tyres take your pick from any of the brands really. Corsa, GP4000s, Pro Race 3, Ultremo ZX. But there's no point riding on those kinds of tyres at this time of year - they will get trashed. Save 'em for late spring/summer. Decent winter tyres? Rubino Pro 3, Krylion are probably the best out there.

Tyres are a solid upgrade, worth the outlay, although you can find the top one's at far cheaper prices online. £25-30 online/£35-50 in many shops. So shop around.

Saddle tilt is fine, but we're talking within 1 or 2 degree's of level, otherwise you end up with issues somehwere along the line.

Spacers are also fine buy you'd have a far stiffer set-up if you moved a few spacers on top of the stem and flipped the stem. It's aesthetics vs performance (I fecking hate using that word).

Oh yeh and you won't get much better race bikes than the CR-1. These things were the muts nuts before the Addict and Foil. By all means empty your wallet on a more expensive bike but don't expect any real world improvements in terms of how fast you can ride.
  • vespario
    Thanks for advice.
    Lost the disc. Will remove spacers over the next month and invest in better tyres in the spring.
    The paint job is Matt black.
    Any thought on improved wheels?
    I live very near Somerset levels but there are one nice hills including Cheddar Greg hitch is a favourite ride.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    edited January 2012
    I think the bike would look better with 3T Pro or Ltd post, bars and stem. The red on the SL-K items looks out of place.

I had a look at the Fizik Kurve saddle at the London Bike Show on Thursday - interesting. What are your initial impressions?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    vespario wrote:
    Any thought on improved wheels?

There is no need whatsoever to change those wheels. Elites are very nice.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    FSA finishing kit looks all right to me, unnecessary expense to go changing it. At least it all matches, mines been a right mish mash at times but I am close to a full matching set now :D

Elites are great wheels and plenty light enough. I might be wrong but I think the only difference between the ones you have and the current model are the decals. People rave about them, in fact I've just purchased a pair myself, not ridden them yet though.

There are aero advantages to be had from deep section wheels but your talking muchos £££ to shave a few seconds of your ride. Get yourself some nice quality tyres and you're sorted.
  • vespario
    Loving the Kurve Saddle.

Had it longer than the bike and covered some long miles. Also test road it against other Fizik Saddles though not the Aliante!

It is the only saddle I have got comfortable on and I wouldrecommend checking in with a Fizik Dealer and test riding. It is all down to your personal anatomy and flexibility. Most saddles ssem to leave me tingling behing my scrotum for days following a long ride and not in a nice way! But the Kurve is the business.

Will take all advice, save pennies and go for tyres, a video fit and some more clothing! Mrs willbe pleased with your guidance! :D
  • Thats a really nice bike and i agree with the mad rapper about the 3T bars post and stem or even go the richey wcs carbon stuff.This would add to the bling factor.But as long as it rides like the wind and it makes you smile then thats what matters.
    As for the spacers under the stem you need to think about how flexible you are and could you go lower at the front without your knees hitting your chest/stomach etc.
    Also going to low can hinder your breathing if your not used to the low position etc.
    Some peaple on the other hand are just born naturals so its a case of finding your way with the stem height.
    I hope this helps.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Really nice bike, I like Scott bikes.

How good are the Bikehut stands? Does it hold the bike by the Q/R lever? I've been think of getting one.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • vespario
    Bike hut stand is great. It fits on the outside of the wheel hub. Most bike shops use them or a version.