cheap skate

micksjoiner
micksjoiner Posts: 409
edited January 2012 in The hub
son whats to know how you can text for free on the ipod touch 4g
can any body help thanks
hates dog walkers

Comments

• On the iPhone 4 you can text other iPhone 4 users using iMessage which is exactly the same as SMS. Google iMessage for Touch and see whether you can use it on that.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Just need an apple ID and wifi connection. Open message on the ipod, sign in and start messaging. Simple as that.

You can message other apple ID email addresses on ipod touch, iphone and ipad or iphone numbers.
  • just thought there might be an app to send messages to all mobiles using wifi
    hates dog walkers
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    There ought to be tbh... Just like there should be better voip/old phone interchangability. But I reckon as long as mobile phone network providers make more money off call and text bandwidth than data, that'll not change.

(it's pretty irritating at my work tbh- fast wireless access everywhere, no network coverage)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • There is a way but it means jailbreaking your iPod. Then I believe you can use some form of the 'whatsapp' app but only using WiFi. Better of Googleing it tbh, I'm certainly no expert on the matter but there are websites instructing you how its done.