Land Rovers

Cluelessbiker
Cluelessbiker Posts: 44
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
I may get slated for considering this, but what are peoples thoughts on the Land Rover brand? I did ride one last year and it was the basic 'Experience' model, having not ridden a mountain bike for 18 years prior to this, and not having ridden one since, I cannot compare it to a more established brand, but can Land Rover cut it as an upcoming bike brand? The reason I ask is this, although I have sort of made up my mind to what I would like to buy, there is a LBS that deal in Land Rovers (oddly enough they always seem out of stock) and some of their stuff seems ok, has anyone got any good (or bad) reports about Land Rover bikes.

Advive and opinions would be welcome but why has BR not got an reveiws on Land Rovers?

Comments

• Friend has one. It's Ok. It's a short travel trail bike - very chuckable.
    Don't get fooled by the Land Rover brand - it is sold under licence.
    When they were first released, they were stupidly overpriced. I think that the prices have gone down now.
    There are better alternatives out there - Carrera Fury, Rockriders etc...
    The specs on the Land Rovers aren't that inspiring - low end shimano, tektro brakes, suntour forks.

(And the probable reason that BR hasn't got any reviews is because Land Rover haven't handed any over to review.)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    I had one of these http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/mezzana-disc-08-32277

Picked it up off the bay for £250 and it was a cracking bike.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    yeah, my brother has one, fork is a bit meh but the frame is OK and the bike is nice enough to ride.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The original Land Rover bikes were made by Claude Butler and could be seen (with some homework) to just be a mnix/match of components and colour schemes, not sure they still are though, but they are made under licence, they are solid enough spec, but at list price are poor value, get one discounted and they are more reasonable.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.