No wind, No rain

jim453
jim453 Posts: 1,360
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Morning scumbags,

This morning could be the first windless ride of the year and the first dry ride that doesn't end up at work.

It's the little victories that count.

Comments

• jim453
    Edit - It's begun to rain.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Someone peeing on your parade again? Oh dear.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Have you died and are actually posting from heaven?
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Just started raining here - been waiting for missus to get back from the Gym before going out. That hilly ride on the best bike will be replaced by a flatter ride on the fixed work bike (with guards)
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    An absolutely fantastic cycling day in the Midlands today. Mild for the time of year, dry roads, little wind and constant sunshine. Great training ride with good company. Superb.

Ruth
  • jim453
    Well, that was good.

Fifty fairly windless miles. Result.

Got soaked though.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Accuweather read 35mph+ gusts for here today so I went out with a little trepidation. Although my Allez hit 60kmph with absolute ease at one point and there was no wind!

Wasn't cold either,pleasantly mild in 3/4 bibs
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    75miles done soaked to the bone - not what the forecast said
    i need more bikes
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    No rain here and not much wind, but an excellent 77 mile group ride to the Vale of Belvoir :)
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    random man wrote:
    No rain here and not much wind, but an excellent 77 mile group ride to the Vale of Belvoir :)

Did you get back though? Or did you just stop at the Mucky Duck and call it a day?

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    75miles done soaked to the bone - not what the forecast said

Much nicer though in mid Wales, 34 mile spin on dry roads, light winds and OK temps 7-10c thoroughly enjoyable :) even had soem sunshine and great views over the hills
  • Simonhi
    Simonhi Posts: 229
    Did a nice 57 miles in the sunshine this morning from Portsmouth out to Chichester, Peterfield and Wickham. Got a bit warm and finished the ride in my long sleeved jersey, not hat of gloves, in January !!!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Lovely day down here, but unfortunately the Mrs has had me trapsing round John Lewis' spending £1100 of vouchers (which we were given when we got married) !
    :(
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Well, quick 26 miles in the hissing rain - the fixed was out though. Shoes eventually soaked, and my smarts are drying out on the radiator. Only a few other nutters out in South Manchester. Really didn't want to watch United get battered again - whoop - they won - must try this more often.
  • Milkmaid
    Milkmaid Posts: 134
    Perfect conditions for a ride on the Cheshire/Shropshire/Clwyd border... if you weren't knocking the hell out a house that you'd just bought. D'Oh. But at least I got a 60-miler in yesterday (in b@stard head-winds with a puncture thrown in for good measure).
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Felt fantastic getting a ride in without howling winds for a change, noticed the difference in performance too!

Don't expect it will last long...however can't really grumble, this winter has been fantastically kind compared to the last.