London Bike Show expensive?

Nick@D
Nick@D Posts: 73
edited January 2012 in Road general
London Bike Show expensive?

Hi, I went last year & did enjoy it, however £16 entry (+£1.75 Booking) & £10 to park (6hrs) soon adds up. £27.75 is not a bargain & I don’t really like boats anyway :roll: , so the four shows for one dosen’t really wash with me. Am I the only person that thinks this way?

Nick

Comments

• denzzz28
    denzzz28 Posts: 315
    I just booked for two yesterday and i was surprise with the £1.75 fee i thought it was disgusting. however im bringing my three kids and they are all under 16 (free entry) so i guess that get things even. this will be my first time to go on this show.

so does exhibitors sell cheap discounted promotional stuff in there? im looking for a great deal on wheels, do you think i can buy some from the show?
  • Nick@D
    Nick@D Posts: 73
    happy shopping denzzz28, you never know you might win a pair! have a good one!
  • It's a rip off...
    I went to the Earls court one in 2010 and found it a rip off (it was £ 12 back then). You can buy clothing and stuff but if you want the latest Campagnolo electronic groupset before it hits the shops, that's not the place to go. The stuff you can buy, you'll find it cheaper on the web. You can fill your goodie bag with leaflets and if you are lucky a Conti cap... cna taste the latest energy bar, but no take away samples.
    It's worth going if you are invited to the traders day, when you can meet Eddie Merckx and have a photo taken with Cipollini... otherwise it's a bit pricey for what you get
    left the forum March 2023