Radioshack Nissan Trek launch

Atz
Atz Posts: 1,383
edited January 2012 in Pro race
There's a launch at Rockhal in Esch sur Alzette (Luxembourg) tomorrow night. I have one spare ticket if anyone wants it.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Thanks, but I've got some paint to watch drying...
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Atz
    Good to see that the wit vacuum in Fleet hasn't been filled recently. Keep it up.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,123
    Will there be scarves?
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Scarves are so 2011 ... It's all about Bobble Hats this year ...

On another note, why the snarkiness ... Atz is just trying to give someone a chance to do something a bit different ... A quick hop on the Eurostar and it aint a bad way to spend a couple of days ...
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

On another note, why the snarkiness ... Atz is just trying to give someone a chance to do something a bit different ... A quick hop on the Eurostar and it aint a bad way to spend a couple of days ...

Yeah, I agree, if it hadnt been Nissan-Schleck-Shack-Radio-Trek-ReadyBrek whatever the heck...
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328

Kinda agree with that what with the guy offering a freebie , i spose you gotta remember some in here are so far up their own ars es when it comes to Radioshack/leopard or whatever they are called now that rather than ignore the offer they gotta come on and try and deride it , its a bit pathetic and shallow but hey ho.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • LeicesterLad
    Moray Gub wrote:

Kinda agree with that what with the guy offering a freebie , i spose you gotta remember some in here are so far up their own ars es when it comes to Radioshack/leopard or whatever they are called now that rather than ignore the offer they gotta come on and try and deride it , its a bit pathetic and shallow but hey ho.

:lol: you really are more miserable than Morrissey.
  • Atz
    Well you know, the kids would say "Haters gonna hate" but ultimately it boils down to the fact there's quite a few people who act like dicks because they think it's funny. Sometimes it is. This wasn't even clever which my main objection; as a comedian said to a mate of mine, "The whole point of heckling is to make ME look stupid, not YOU". ;)
  • LeicesterLad
    Yeah sorry about that, It was a kind offer, just a shame it was for Shack...
  • Atz
    I'm torn about Shack personally. I don't like Lance particularly and the way the team handled themselves last year left me quite cold. On the other hand, for Leopard I thought they'd had a tough year, a lot of the riders are quite classy individuals and they handled the team tragedy with dignity and tact. Given I just moved over here, I was looking forward to supporting the local team but the merger with the Radioshack crew, not so keen on. Still, a pro road team launch isn't something to ignore :)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,123
    Atz wrote:
    I'm torn about Shack personally. I don't like Lance particularly and the way the team handled themselves last year left me quite cold. On the other hand, for Leopard I thought they'd had a tough year, a lot of the riders are quite classy individuals and they handled the team tragedy with dignity and tact. Given I just moved over here, I was looking forward to supporting the local team but the merger with the Radioshack crew, not so keen on. Still, a pro road team launch isn't something to ignore :)

It is if you've been to one before. :wink:
  • If the kit and bikes are nice then I will be happy.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    If the kit and bikes are nice then I will be happy.
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Is it true that the Nissan had to buy journalist cars as launch 'gifts' so some people would attend the launch?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • i wish I had applied for a press pass then
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    From Looking at the pics it looked like the team must have splurged their budget on a doping program. Either that or they got conned into buying their clothes from Primark..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Karl Bartos performing 'Tour de France'!!!
  • huret
    huret Posts: 62
    Sean Kelly calls em' "Radio Luxembourg" :wink:
    Savoie between the Glandon and the Madeleine.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    andyp wrote:
    Atz wrote:

It is if you've been to one before. :wink:

But have you been to one with part of Kraftwerk performing?

Well done them. Gutted I missed it live.
  • genki
    genki Posts: 305
    I've spent better evenings but given the venue was next door to where I work and it was free, I can't complain. The kit's now more like the Luxembourg flag, and most Luxembourgers still think of this as their national team, hence the strong support. But the presentation itself was terrible. I think it was the Luxembourg version of Ant and Dec hosting it.

There's an old van I often pass on one of my routes that was painted in the old Leopard Trek colours. I guess the owner will be splashing a bit of red paint on it now.