P.P.I

kev77
kev77 Posts: 433
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Do not know whether this has been covered else where but,

i was getting sick of hearing about this via spam and adverts and the like, so i gathered mine and the misses details ( from 2 previous loans ), downloaded the forms from a well known website, collated the details, 4 first class stamps and 4 forms later 2 letters from santander which was A&L and boom 2 offers for a total of 5k. In the space of a month!

We cannot believe our luck, we thought there would be no comebacks from the bank but what a start to the new year.

If there is anybody who was like us that we thought it only happens to other people try your luck, Santander did not even contest it.

Happy days

Comments

• Ker-ching!!! Nice one, drinks are on you then :-) Or does that just mean a new bike?
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    I've been thinking about this for some time now. Don't suppose you could post details of the "well known website"? or maybe PM me the details? :wink:
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • kev77
    Ha ha, no new bike yet the Pinarello has plenty of life in it!

However the Ksyriums are now becoming to become my winter set, whilst i get a new set!

Cheers anyway, the forms are simple and no wonder these companys are jumping on the bandwagon of reclaiming money then taking a cut!

Keith47 pm you in the next 5 mins
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I never had a PPI but I did have a similar experience with Endowment Mortgages many years ago. The bank just said, we can't prove you said you knew the risks so we'll pay you.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Have I got this right? You & Mrs paid out a lot of money to A & L many years ago for something worthless. You have claimed that money back via an agency which took a %age for their services and you are happy?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • kev77
    Incorrect, me and my misses had our reasons at the time for two loans. I myself claimed back the ppi that was misold to us plus interest. We did not use a third party due to the fact that they do charge you a percentage of the total amount received. And yes we are both happy. Thanks
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Out of interest how had it been missold to you?
  • kev77
    the form was ticked without my consent, however there are numerous examples of how the policys were misold to jog peoples memorys. TBH i read into ppi forums and cannot believe how many people have been claiming. People are contesting credit, store cards and god knows what else and the majority are appearing to be coming out with a win.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    O K
    The older I get the faster I was
  • I regret that I always knew PPI was a con. Wish I had taken one out now and been able to claim.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    I M O ticking form w/o your ok was fraud and you should have got more back than the PPI premium + interest.

Hope your comment was tongue in cheek Mr_Cellophane, as I don't believe you get comp. as well as the return of the premium..( If it was purely misselling)

Big advice, which a number of you have already followed, DO NOT go to claim teams go direct to lender, after court ruling you shouldn't have a problem, and no fees.