Specialized XC Comp 2007 UPDATE

Bikerguy15
Bikerguy15 Posts: 119
edited January 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Has gone from this...

6606878095_5eeaa9bac6_z.jpg

To this...

6953417982_7ddcd2d25b_z.jpg

Due to a mis-match with the original primer and paint I decided to get the frame powder coated in satin black. Also changed the rear tyre to a spesh fast trak, stem to a kore 80mm and brakes to elixir r's, managed to get them for £90 posted which I was chuffed about. I've also taken the big ring off as I never use it.

On a technical note I removed that annoying lip in the rear pivot bearing housing thingy. I can now push the bearings straight through without any bother.

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    did you strip a hardrock to build that up? not being critical, just curious, thats a very tidy looking bike you have there, very nice :)
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • chez_m356 wrote:
    did you strip a hardrock to build that up? not being critical, just curious, thats a very tidy looking bike you have there, very nice :)

Yup, that's exactly what I did. Just bought the frame and swapped all of the parts over. Thanks, I stayed with the red, white and black colour scheme.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    You've done a nice job there, looks brand new. Nice.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • andy46 wrote:
    You've done a nice job there, looks brand new. Nice.

Exactly. You wouldn't know it was a 2007 model unless you'd have seen it before.
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    Nice :lol:
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    very nice, looking damn good in gloss black!!

can i ask, where did you get that small rear mud guard from on the linkage? i want one.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • Team515 wrote:
    Nice :lol:

Thanks.
    sanchez89 wrote:
    very nice, looking damn good in gloss black!!

can i ask, where did you get that small rear mud guard from on the linkage? i want one.

Thanks. Going out tomorrow down the pines to get it covered in the brown stuff, not the easiest bike to clean I must admit :).

The mudguard came with the frame but I'm pretty sure it's this one:
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/speciali ... .html#info

Just the job for keeping the crap off the shock, don't want it messing up the seals.