brake pad help....

scazzer
scazzer Posts: 254
edited January 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi all,simple post,im need of new pads and need some advice of what to buy as there are so many different 1s :shock:

cheers

Comments

• northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Not cheap but highly recommended for aluminium rims - Swisstop Green pads.

Peter
  • scazzer
    scazzer Posts: 254
    thx will have look around for them,only reason im asking is im use to buying disc pads for mtb and its 1st yr on a road bike and need new 1s,when i looked on crc there was fookin loads of em :D so just like to know what the more experienced roadies are using ......

cheers
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I recently bought replacement pads - cheapest source I came across was planet X, just shy of £19 for pack of four. NB they came pads only, no shoes and no screws so you would need to re-use your existing.

Peter
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I recently purchased some Koolstop salmon for the winter and they were dreadful, the only pads i had at home were a cheap set of BBB carbon rim pads(you can use them on alloy as well) and these have been fantastic in the wet weather, head and shoulders above the "highly recommended koolstop pads".
    I use swiss stop green or shimano on other bikes and they both perform well.
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    northpole wrote:
    Not cheap but highly recommended for aluminium rims - Swisstop Green pads.

Peter
    +1
  • Anyone find these pads cheaper than 24.29???
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Alternatively, if your budget is tight the 4 pairs for £7.50 from ebay seller Bikefridge is a good deal - don't expect Swisstop quality though
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..