Cheap Budget Ventoux Accommodation

khumbu8000
khumbu8000 Posts: 59
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi, just trying to book some accommodation for my family and a couple of friends in the Ventoux area. We will have a 4 yr old and a 10 month old. We are pretty open to camping etc but our tent is massive and we are trying not to take it ( have a fortnights free accommodation in the Black Forest before driving to Ventoux).

Does anyone know of any campsites with cabins?
Are there any hostels etc?

We are on a pretty tight budget- any advice welcome

Ed

Comments

• Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    This year the missus and myself stayed at http://www.camping-le-ventoux.com whilst it did have cabins they are not cheap. if you could take your tent the price would drop dramatically as you probably know :)

I'm going to be honest here and say the wife was not happy :shock: and I'd like to explain why.

It is slap bang in the middle of some vineyards and local shops were not within walking distance and she had nothing to do while i was out riding :twisted: .

That said it was a family campsite paradise , small and friendly and jam packed with cyclists and their families and because there was nowhere to go kids wandered freely and played amongst the tents or by the pool. In all fairness everyone there could not have been more friendly and pointed out when we should visit local towns and why. Bedoin market day is superb :D If I had a family to keep the missus occupied i wouldn't hesitate to go back there.

I'd like to point out that it has an awesome view of Mount Ventoux and is only a few miles from Bedoin approx.
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • Cheers Lazarus very helpful! Thanks
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Campsite Lou Comtadou in Carpentras hires out mobile homes - its a municipal site and has a swimming pool next door. About 10 minutes walk into town and has its own bar/cafe. Stayed a couple of years ago and it was full of cyclists and had a nice atmosphere but its not a luxury site.
  • Have stayed at the following in Malaucene:
    http://www.provence.guideweb.com/campin ... ndexa.html
    Really clean, almost new mobile homes with a double and 2 singles about 10 seconds walk from the pool.
    All for about £230 outside July / August!