Expedition cycling documentary film

CharlieJohnson
CharlieJohnson Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi All,

I'm currently making a film with a number of colleagues about expedition cyclists, their motivations and their experiences. I'd be really keen to hear from anyone who knows of someone who might like to feature in the film and would be prepared to have a conversation about their life as an expedition cyclist on camera. Over the next year I will be cycling around the world to interview a number of cyclists and it would great to get as many interesting people on board as possible. So if you'd like to feature in this documentary or you know of anyone who would be suitable, let me know and we can have a more detailed discussion about it. I'd like to talk to people who have spent extended periods of time (i.e. years!) on the road at a time and who have chosen it as a way of life rather than a holiday. So if that's you, let me know and we can take it from there! Best,

Charlie Johnson

Comments

• Hi Charlie,

Might be intereted in this mate. Although i've not spent a great deal of time on exhibitions etc, I decided to change my career 7 years ago and have been working in cycling every since, in a number of areas but its a pretty good story maybe? Let me know if you're interested.

Good luck with it.

Jon
    Il Sasso Cycling - Sempre in Bici
    Penna San Giovanni (Mc), Italia

Cycling training, touring and Gran Fondo camps in Italy

http://www.ilsassocycling.com
    http://www.casaliozzi.com

Follow @ilsassocycling on twitter and facebook for regular updates
  • Hi Charlie,

Never done any touring before and only started cycling in August, BUT I will be doing a Solo fully loaded tour from Valence around/ over the Alps before heading across the Camargue into the Pyranees and finishing in Lourdes 3 weeks later to raise money for sighthound charities. Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Andrew
  • tv
    tv Posts: 338
    Alastair Humphreys cycled around the world on his bike, he is a motivational speaker and all round adventurer who I'm sure would fit in perfectly with your criteria! He is also currently nominated for 'National Geographic Adventurer of the Year'! I've linked his website bellow for you

http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/
  • roryboy
    roryboy Posts: 44
    Not long expeds as such but i'm friendly with a guy who runs his own company but come the weekend and holidays he shuns comfort for touring and living in bothies (unlocked shelters) a tent or bivi bag or wherever he can doss but not sure if he'd divulge his whereabouts so readily.
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    I know a couple of people..Tzou han Law from Malaysia....Long Way Home..cycled home from USA to Malaysia..and Flic from Australia, she was injured in Burundi , hit by lorry, coma, but better now...
    I spent quite some cycling different places too....
  • d87heaven
    d87heaven Posts: 348
    Google the pennyfarthing guy who rode around the world.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • jalapeno
    jalapeno Posts: 1,009
    Both myself and my buddy have expeditioned all over - S America, India, China, Central Asia etc etc, my buddy in particular, Dave Walker would be a good subject, he pretty much lives on the road and now we're setting up our own touring company. PM me if you'd like me to put you in touch, his blog is http://walksworld.wordpress.com

Hi All,

I'm currently making a film with a number of colleagues about expedition cyclists, their motivations and their experiences. I'd be really keen to hear from anyone who knows of someone who might like to feature in the film and would be prepared to have a conversation about their life as an expedition cyclist on camera. Over the next year I will be cycling around the world to interview a number of cyclists and it would great to get as many interesting people on board as possible. So if you'd like to feature in this documentary or you know of anyone who would be suitable, let me know and we can have a more detailed discussion about it. I'd like to talk to people who have spent extended periods of time (i.e. years!) on the road at a time and who have chosen it as a way of life rather than a holiday. So if that's you, let me know and we can take it from there! Best,

Charlie Johnson

Painted Roads.. colourful cycling adventures
    http://www.paintedroads.com
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    The OP hasn't bothered to come back so I wonder what has become of CharlieJohnson's documentary as a few good leads were given? All the CGOAB links were written by serious expedition cyclists and a seriously good read, especially the 2nd. He only made one post and didn't even thank those that replied. Time waster.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • nasz
    nasz Posts: 88
    Happy to help too!

2x Tran-Sahara expeditions - Both 6 months
    London to Sydney on recumbent (with my wife) - 1 year

Both unsupported
    ________o
    _____~\<,_
    ____(_)/ (_)
    Lunicus Cycle Club - LCC - Train hard, ride easy...
    www.lunicuscc.co.uk
    www.nutsonbents.com - London to Sydney on Recumbents 2005/6