Planet X free hub

Noclue
Noclue Posts: 503
edited December 2011 in Road buying advice
I'm in need of a shimano fit freehub for a set of planet x model c wheels. I've emailed planet x but what with christmas and all they haven't got back to me yet and i can't see them listed on their site.

However i seem to remember someone saying that the hubs were made by Novatech? which if is the case there seems to be loads on e bay.

Does anyone know the model or even where to get said freehub?

Thanks.

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    The hub is a Novatec unit.

How about Planet X?

Or the Pro-Lite Allein units also fit IME.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Noclue
    Thanks for that, i suppose with the planet x link the model b one listed would work, although that pro-lite one looks better vfm.
  • desweller
    Why are you replacing it, incidentally?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Noclue
    Bearings in it disintergrated.

Have taken a punt on the pro-lite one you linked to, so thanks.
  • nicknick
    nicknick Posts: 535
    Why didn't you just replace the bearings? They just knock out and are readily available on ebay. I had to replace mine after just 6 months!
  • Noclue
    I'm not sure if these ones are replacable, at least my lbs didn't think so, it's just some very tiny bearings in the bottom of the freehub, not the actual hub bearings.
  • desweller
    If the hub that you've ordered is the same, then yes, they are replaceable.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12753692&highlight=model++hub
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • nicknick
    nicknick Posts: 535
    Mine are the superlight hubs that as far as I know, are basically the same internals as the ones you have? DesWeller might know?

If you need hub parts it's worth seeing how much a complete hub is from planet x. I bought my pair for £25 in the sale and recently got another front hub for £9.99 as the grub screw on the end cap rounded off (unable to remove bearings) so i just swapped the internals from the new hub. There's always a cheaper way :D