2012 cycling plan.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
My cycling took a large dip in 2011. Firstly my good bike or frame actually, was away for 3 months, May,June and July meaning that my longer summer rides suffered. i did much shorter rides on my Giant Defy4 but it wasn,t the same. Once i received my new frame i had only just built the bike up and it was the summer holidays so had 3 weeks with the kids and no cycling again. On returning to work i then had to go offshore to do an offshore installation Hook up and am still not finished. As a result my weight has gone upto 95 Kgs from 84Kgs and the way it,s looking it,s going to be February before i can get some serious miles in. Unfortunately the offshore installation i am working on has no gym facilities at all. I really miss the cycling and can,t wait for February when things Should be back to normal again and i can get some of this awful weight off.My plan is lots of cycling and hopefully get my weight back to normal by March. Am i being realistic, could i lose 1 Kg a week, i think so. Or does anyone else have any better ideas.
Ademort
Happy new year to all.
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• 11kg by March (eight weeks) is a big ask if you have no access to some kind of training facility. I'm in the process of losing some weight and prior to christmas had lost a consistent 1kg a week. This was achieved by portion control rather than cutting certain foods out, and regular riding beit on/off road/turbo training plus a few basic exercises like sit ups, press ups leg raisers etc. So it was a two pronged attack.

All the best fella, hope this helps.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ademort
    Once i,m back cycling i will be riding 20 miles to work every day for a start. Hope that with a bit of weekend riding and maybe half an hour in the evenings extra on the hometrainer i can achieve it, thanks Frank for your comments.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    How tall are you?
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • markyone
    2lb a week can be done, maybe more, depending on how much you eat and train.
  • ademort
    markyone wrote:
    How tall are you?

I,m 1.77m
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • markyone
    Not really tall then,
    I am 5ft 7 and if i put on weight it shows more.
    Good luck with it.
    2 to 3lb a week can be done.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    As someone who struggles with my weight. i.e lack of it

I can find it really easy to shed weight in no time. I'm normally 60kg but over xmas have increased to 63kg.

I'll shed this in no time.

If you're careful about the amount of food you eat no reason why you can't do likewise. Whether it is entirely healthy is another debate,
  • NWLondoner wrote:

I can find it really easy to shed weight in no time. I'm normally 60kg but over xmas have increased to 63kg.

If you're careful about the amount of food you eat no reason why you can't do likewise. Whether it is entirely healthy is another debate,

Now that is an unpleasant post to read... :lol:

I am around 85kg like the OP but was 99kg when I stopped playing rugby a few years ago. I can only lose weight by going on a strict routine such as only eating soup and fruit during the day and doing lots of cycling. Over xmas the weight can just crash on. lack of self control i'm afraid.

Aiming to get under 80kg in order to do the Etap in the summer.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    brianonyx wrote:
    NWLondoner wrote:

Now that is an unpleasant post to read... :lol:

I am around 85kg like the OP but was 99kg when I stopped playing rugby a few years ago. I can only lose weight by going on a strict routine such as only eating soup and fruit during the day and doing lots of cycling. Over xmas the weight can just crash on. lack of self control i'm afraid.

Aiming to get under 80kg in order to do the Etap in the summer.
    Soup and fruit? If you're being literal. That is nowhere near enough to lose weight :p