Where are the sales?

boothuk
boothuk Posts: 21
edited December 2011 in MTB buying advice
Being new to MTB, I am just wondering when / where is best to pick up bargains?

I am assuming there will be some formidable cuts in 2012, but then again, a lot of the 2012 stuff is already released...?

Looking on a few sites like CRC and Evan's, their 'sales' are fairly disappointing.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.

Chris.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Most sales are of 2011 bikes and kit. Merlion have a rolling discount (which is pretty rubbish as the old VIP scheme was better) - but most places do seem a bit quiet. Depends what you are after though.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    September time might be a better time to have a look. As that is when the new stuff tends to come out.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    2012 products were released a few months back, at that point 2011 stuff started to get reduced a bit, I usually find stuff cheapest mid January when shops really are keen to get rid of the old stock, in the past I've got stupid amounts off at merlin and ribble, over 60% off on a pair of forks from the previous season for example.

Having said that you'll find stuff massively reduced througout the year on the internet, it's just a case of luck and buying stuff at the right time with the right combinations of vouchers/discount codes.
  • Youve got to look at 2011 bikes if you want sales.
    Theres some very good prices on Specialized bikes at the moment...

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/produc ... 20-%202011
    Lets Ride!!
    Merida 96 26er
    Stumpjumper FSR 26er
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Winstanleys constantly have cheap stuff, managed to pick up a rockshox lyrik today at bargain price.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Should of said, I am referring to accessories and clothes. Already bought a Rockhopper Comp 2011 earlier in the year.

Thanks for the input so far. Seems a bit hit and hope. Although there are a couple more retailers I can check out now.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    merlin 12% off till 3rd of jan

isnt paul's cycles perma sale