Rapha Classic Jersey with arm warmers ... how warm is it?

Kupepe
Kupepe Posts: 76
edited December 2011 in Road buying advice
Hello,

How warm is actually the Rapha classic Jersey with Arm warmer? I mean I will be using a baselayer and will be riding by the sea between 8-20 celsious. Will it be warm enough under these temperatures taking into consideration that there is a wind and moisture, since i will be by the sea?

Is the longsleeve jersey a better option ?

Comments

• ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    I guess it all depends on how much you feel the cold, as we all have different tolerances. For me personally, I would ride my jersey and arm warmers at around 12 degrees and above, 8 degrees would be too cold for me especially if the wind is blowing. As far as I know the long sleeve is the same weight material so would make little difference either way, although I find the arm warmers are warmer as they fit skin tight.

I think if you paired either option with a gillet you wouldn't go too far wrong.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    That's a big temperature range. 8 degrees is more like jacket weather.
    20 degrees is summer and short sleeves really.

I'd save the money on the rapha kit and buy something cheaper - that way you'll be able to afford extra kit. I'd say to cope with that range of temp something like a short sleeve top and arm warmers and gilet would be a better bet.