New years resolutions

Kamzter
Kamzter Posts: 191
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
I must, I must strict myself further on my diet and add more training for 2012, its a busy year with 2 sportives and a 140 mile challenge on me tod plus several work related courses to attend to over the course of the year.
I have made sure that my normal 3 mile (each way) commute to work is now going to be about 20 miles (each way).

Are you going to do any extra in the new year?
40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!

Comments

• I'm hoping to be able to start cycling regularly and want to set myself a challenge of doing the Manchester to Blackpool night ride. Might not seem much to some but as I am currently on crutches and have an appt tomorrow to find out if knee op number 7 is required, I need to set realistic targets :)
  • I have had mine planned for a while...

To build myself a (cheap) hill-climb bike (from an old Reynolds frame) and then use it to win a hill-climb (unlikely).

Oh, and to continue my end of season PTP form, and hopefully bag 2012 as my own :twisted:
  • To keep waking up every mornin' and bring a little ray of sunshine into the lives of those I meet along the way; both in the real world and in cyberspace. :D

Oh, and to stop being mis-understood. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • shedhead
    shedhead Posts: 367
    To lose 10 kgs to get down to 85. Maybe we should start a dedicated motivational thread to offer support / virtual kick up the bum thread? Has something like a performance, diet , training tracker been posted or started on here before?
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Mine carries on from 2011. Have another stone to lose after ditching 3 1/2+ so far.

Although it's not a NYR as such. It was something I chose to do that is a longterm personal goal. If you need the calendar to click round another year you aren't motivated enough in the first place IMHO. Why wait for a new year when you can start NOW. Why quit smoking next week,when you can stub it out and start NOW! Why wait for your BFF to join a gym,go yourself and get to know regulars.Waiting for someone else just puts the whole idea back,DO IT NOW!.

I'm expecting local gyms to flood with NYR fatties for the next 5-6 weeks until they decide that they've done enough fitness for the year and leave again.

All the best for 2010 folks :D