Cannondale RZ one or Lapierre Zesty?

Teach
Teach Posts: 386
edited December 2011 in MTB buying advice
Sorry I know there are thousands of threads on which bike and I know there will be a lot of responses saying go and try them, but if I am being honest I wont really know what I am looking for. I do know I want full suspension and a relaxed geometry.
Is there any significant difference between the Cannondale RZ one 3 and the Lapierre Zesty 214? (both 2011 models)
If you had the money which would you get and why?
I just want a bike that will go off road and we'll see where I end up from there. I know I will not be heading towards DH.
Cheers.

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Two slightly different platforms the RZ has 120mm travel and the Zesty 140mm.
    So depends how you ride, they would be both suitable for XC and trail use....

The best advice and it's been said many times, try them both for fit and feel and go with the one that feels right for you.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Teach
    Teach Posts: 386
    Does it really matter that the Lapierre has 140mm forks?
    I suspect I wont bottom out the 120 forks. The 140s may be overkill, but am I right in saying they wont be a problem?
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    I used to have a 120mm travel and it was fine and took some abuse the zesty is slightly more hardcore though you would not see a huge difference. The 140 will have a slightly slacker headangle.

If you need a large, I would also look at this...one of the best trail bikes I have owned.
    http://www.moosecycles.com/m3b1s1p1173/ ... RS_GB/3265
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !