Hit The North 3

MattRhino
MattRhino Posts: 70
edited February 2012 in XC and Enduro
Anyone done this before?
I've never actually entered an 'event' before, good one to start with or too much?
Have watched what's meant to be the route on youtube, didn't seem too daunting. Only two hours as well.

Any thoughts, observations or advice welcome.

Cheers

Matt

Comments

• I should have added, I do between 15 and 25 miles once a week, more if work allows. All in and around Halifax so I know what hills are :wink:
    Seems a decent event for a first go, couple of hours can't be that bad can it....?
  • S** it. Signed up. We'll see........
  • It's a great event about 10 -20% take it seriously the rest of us just enjoy/endure the mud fest for a coupe of hours

See you on the start line
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I've signed up and I'm really looking forward to it. I will be my first race in. Least four years, so we'll see how I go.
  • It's a great event about 10 -20% take it seriously the rest of us just enjoy/endure the mud fest for a coupe of hours

See you on the start line
    Glad to hear it, looks a good crack from the stuff I've seen on youtube etc. Really glad I signed up, got me out a couple of times recently when I might have given it a miss.
  • Nah, back in the day when it was a 12 hour enduro it was worth entering, enduring that amount of mud for just a few laps is hell on earth.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • when and were is this?
  • Beatmaker
    It's sold out, but details can be found here http://www.hitthenorth.net/
  • Thanks mate
  • Beatmaker
    Well, that was fun, Mud, Snow and Brass Bands! It was a great course and atmosphere with lots on encouragement from fellow riders, spectators and marshalls. Hit the North seems a little more laid back than other events. A big thanks to Harry the Spider and Terrahawk for organising such a great race.
  • Ditto - well run event and great craic, especially in the "Fat Blokes Who Eat Pies" category, where I was...
  • HTN3. An epic event this year. Photos are available at http://www.chrismeadsphotography.zenfolio.com