In search of a saddle

ohteddy
ohteddy Posts: 11
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
My Planet X saddle has split after 18 months with a 20-mile daily commute - need something comfy. Thanks for all thoughts, suggestions and recommendations. Is the charge spoon (£16 in wiggle sale) a good option. Or should I save up and trade up?

Comments

• nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    I have used the Charge Spoon in the past (Fizik Arione is good for me it seems) and the Spoon is great value for money IMO. Well worth a try.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Definitely worth a punt at that price !
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    You may or may not get on with the charge spoon, not everyone does ....
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    giant man wrote:

Aye that may be true but at £16 it's well worth a punt - rather more so than the Fizik Antares (good price that it is at sub £50)
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    San Marco Rolls. Tried loads of others including the spoon, but always go back to the Rolls.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Thanks for that - I'm trying the spoon, will see if it suits!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    nochekmate wrote:
    giant man wrote:

Aye that may be true but at £16 it's well worth a punt - rather more so than the Fizik Antares (good price that it is at sub £50)
    yeah good point, I still have mine after trying and not liking ....
  • Where are you in the country? I have a spare Fizik cx pave you could try out if your close by. I also have a Charge spoon on the MTB which you could try, but would need back quicker than the Fizik. I was thinking of also getting one for my road bike as it's a comfy saddle.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • I'd buy and try a Charge Spoon if I was in the market for a new saddle with over 400 reviews, majority good and at £16 has to be worth a punt I reckon.

It's one of those things. Has to be comfortable and a good fit if it does those things why spend more?

Like bottle cages - you can spend stupid money on Carbon Fibre. I have a Clarks and a Lifeline plastic bottle cages that look like Carbon Fibre. Think they weigh about 10 Grams more do the job I want them to - hold a water bottle - and I think the most I paid was about £3 delivered.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    +1 or the charge spoon. Also have a spare one if your are near my neck of the woods and would like to try one.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    If you're doing a lot of miles Brooks gets beter with age.

I've a Brooks Team Pro Classic and apart from the first week, is very comfortable.

Yes, it may be heavy, look Old Fashioned, but its my arse and its comfort that counts
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Ive got a Charge Knife on the winterbike (same as the Spoon but with less padding) and thats pretty good.

But....Nowhere near as good as my Spesh Romin SL...proper comfy saddle, well for me anyway.
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.