Rapid Rise Derailleurs

waughie
waughie Posts: 180
edited December 2011 in The workshop
I'm in the market for a new rear derailleur, i currently have a Shimano LX M580 Rapid rise fitted. Ideally i want to swap to something that is also rapid rise so the derailleur moves to the large cog at the back with no tension on the cable. does Shimano have anything in its current line up ?
Ive had a look through the range and can't see much only the older xt m770.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It has not been carried over to 10 speed, so the last models that were out were the M970, M770, M580, M530.
  • waughie
    Well thats annoying!

Thanks for letting me know.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What's wrong with the LX?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • waughie
    I got crc vouchers for christmas and just fancied something new and shiny!

I'll just keep it on now, as i like the rapid rise too much to switch back to conventional.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Oh OK, I had RR (LX) on the rear of my commuter until I went to twist shift (X0 - which with the detents feels much the same whether going up or down the gears), the RR is now on the back of my wifes bike as I was buidling that when I swapped on my commuter.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Generally plenty of NOS RR on Ebay because no one wants them.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools