Fitting Garmin Edge 200/500 bracket

ForumNewbie
ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
edited December 2011 in Workshop
I have just fitted the bracket for my new Garmin Edge 200 on to the stem of my road bike. The bracket is secured by strong rubber bands that come with it. I initially thought after looking at the diagram in the instructions, that the rubber bands crossed over under the stem to go to the clips diagonally opposite on the bracket, but they don't seem to stretch that far, even using the biggest of the two band sizes supplied. I have therefore attached one band to the clips on either side at the top of the bracket and the other band to the clips on either side at the bottom of the bracket. It seems fairly secure, but just would like confirmation that this is the way it should be attached.

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Should be a tight pull to hoik them over. I'm surprised that they don't fit over your stem though (assuming it is a fairly normal one diameter wise) - the normal way is to cross the bands but I can't see it matters much if you don't. I'ver certainly mounted my Bryton 50 that way at times without problem.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    First time I fitted my 800 I just wrapped the o ring around the stem, now it crosses underneath the stem.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ForumNewbie
    Rolf F wrote:
    Should be a tight pull to hoik them over. I'm surprised that they don't fit over your stem though (assuming it is a fairly normal one diameter wise) - the normal way is to cross the bands but I can't see it matters much if you don't. I'ver certainly mounted my Bryton 50 that way at times without problem.
    Its a normal stem - they do fit around it but seems too tight to stretch diagonally to hooks so that the bands coss each other under the stem. However I'll give it another try.
  • ForumNewbie
    I have now fitted the other bracket on my hybrid stem and streched the bands diagonally so they cross underneath, but the first way I did it actually seems just as secure, maybe even more so.