Devon rides over christmas

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited December 2011 in MTB rides
Just wondering if there's much going as I'm down in my old stomping ground till the new year possibly. Probably just pootle about Haldon myself, though only fills an hour or bit.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Merry Christmas.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    deadkenny wrote:
    Just wondering if there's much going as I'm down in my old stomping ground till the new year possibly. Probably just pootle about Haldon myself, though only fills an hour or bit.
    Hi
    Maybe going out on Thursday morning on Dartmoor for a few miles not 100 % sure yet but can let you know if your interested won't be anything that far maybe 16 miles
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Anonymous
    May be interested. Haven't done Dartmoor on a bike, and knowledge of it is sketchy on foot even though I grew up in south Devon. Likewise not 100% sure what's going on that day.
  • I went out for a ride on Dartmoor yesterday and it was pretty cool actually. Nothing like I've ever ridden before though. If it was dry I reckon it'd be phenomenal. I had to push up a lot of the hills because they were really boggy and very steep but at the top of every hill there seemed to be loads of really cool choices of fast trails leading down. I only did a few miles but it felt like hundreds! If the weather isn't too bad I recommend giving it a go.

If you lived here you could get loads and loads of really cool trails going I reckon, lots of natural drop offs and gaps to be played with. I think we're leaving Thursday morning but if it changes I'm up for hooking up. Will post here Wed eve.
  • Anonymous
    Would be good. I know weather can make Dartmoor suck but seems okay at the moment.

Otherwise see you back up by the smoke. Back new years eve or day, not sure yet, but if there's a ride on I may be back earlier.