Titus FTM Carbon-New Bits Added! New Pics Page 3

2»

Comments

• apjs87
    apjs87 Posts: 35
    can you donate this to the charity of me?

beautiful bike!
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Nice :)
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    i nearly bought one of these but the thing that put me off was the fact that the extended seatube would have meant not being able to use my cherished dropper post. looks stunning though, if only i wasn't a short arse.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Have now fitted a 355mm long, 100mm drop 2012 reverb :D
    Its the right hand mount version, fitted upside down on the left.
    It has now been converted to 1x10 to free up the internal cable routing for it.
    pc300323.jpg
    pc300324y.jpg
    pc300325.jpg
    pc300326.jpg
    pc300327.jpg
    pc300328.jpg
    pc300329.jpg
  • leaflite
  • Phreddan
    Phreddan Posts: 2
    Really nice bike!
    Iḿ thinkin of gettin one of those too. =)

But I have a couple of questions for you:
    - How have you drawn the rear brake hose? It looks on the pics that it either runs in the frame (which seems a little strange) or that it is drawn via the rear shock and under the top tube.
    - In your spec, it says that you run a 10 mm axle on the rear, is that with the standard drop out?

Thanks!

/Phreddan
  • leaflite
    Phreddan wrote:
    Really nice bike!
    Iḿ thinkin of gettin one of those too. =)

But I have a couple of questions for you:
    - How have you drawn the rear brake hose? It looks on the pics that it either runs in the frame (which seems a little strange) or that it is drawn via the rear shock and under the top tube.
    - In your spec, it says that you run a 10 mm axle on the rear, is that with the standard drop out?

Thanks!

/Phreddan

Thanks!
    The 10mm axle is with the standard dropout, it is one of these: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=287

All cables and hoses are routed internally in the front triangle of this frame. The rear brake hose enters on one side of the head tube and exits just above the rear shock. It then runs externally from this point, down the seatstays as in a normal bike. I have removed the front mech cable to allow for the reverb hose to also be routed internally, as there is not enough space in the cable routing for a front mech cable and a dropper post cable/hose.
  • Phreddan
    Phreddan Posts: 2
    leaflite wrote:
    Thanks!
    The 10mm axle is with the standard dropout, it is one of these: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=287

All cables and hoses are routed internally in the front triangle of this frame. The rear brake hose enters on one side of the head tube and exits just above the rear shock. It then runs externally from this point, down the seatstays as in a normal bike. I have removed the front mech cable to allow for the reverb hose to also be routed internally, as there is not enough space in the cable routing for a front mech cable and a dropper post cable/hose.
    Ok, thanks for the info!
    I will run 1x9 so there will be room in the cable routing for the post hose. But it seems a bit tricky that you have to loosen the brake hose and post hose in one end to mount them and also bleed them just to install them on the bike. It will be an extra clean frame but also a bit more work. =)
  • leaflite
    Since you would probably have to shorten the hoses anyway, its not that much of a hardship. If you are very careful, you should be able to get away with not having to bleed it, especially with the reverb. I did have to bleed the brakes though.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    I nearly bought one of these frames last year and when I see photos of this I remember why. Stunning looking bike mate.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • leaflite
    Another update:
    The bars and stem have been swapped out for lower rise, 31.8 items in the form of a 80mm Kcnc Fly Ride stem(113g :D ) and 710mm, 15mm rise Kcnc SC Bone bars.

The rear mech has also been changed for a XTR Shadow Plus clutch one to reduce chainslap.

Pics:
    dsc00246iq.jpg
    dsc00243vhm.jpg
    dsc00242up.jpg
    dsc00239rd.jpg
    dsc00236jq.jpg
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    very nice. was looking at one of these frames (came here after you commented in one of my threads). one question about the travel on the fork, i was going to build it as a light weight XC/trail bike running 120mm only (there's a rockshok SID world cup dual air fork for £500 at on-one), what do you find yourself using more the 120mm or 150mm position on your fork?
  • leaflite
    MDobs wrote:
    very nice. was looking at one of these frames (came here after you commented in one of my threads). one question about the travel on the fork, i was going to build it as a light weight XC/trail bike running 120mm only (there's a rockshok SID world cup dual air fork for £500 at on-one), what do you find yourself using more the 120mm or 150mm position on your fork?

Thanks!
    I find that the front end wanders a bit at 150mm on the uphill/flat , but it is better at 150 on the downs. If I was going for a fixed travel fork, I would probably go for a 130-140mm travel, as I feel that 150 is slightly too long but 120 is slightly too short!

Whilst the sids are great forks, especially if you want your build to be £2k ish I would go for something like this:
    http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/2012-rockshox-revelation-rl-forks.html and space it down to 140/130mm travel.
  • Damn you!
    If I hadn't stumbled across this post a couple of weeks ago, my pocket would be a thousand pounds lighter!

7833085686_703743505f_c.jpg
    7833117726_a453222d4f_z.jpg
  • leaflite
    Damn you!
    If I hadn't stumbled across this post a couple of weeks ago, my pocket would be a thousand pounds lighter!

7833085686_703743505f_c.jpg
    7833117726_a453222d4f_z.jpg

Very nice :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Very nice build there buddy,

Noticed your a brand whore aswell ;)
  • leaflite
    Very nice build there buddy,

Noticed your a brand whore aswell ;)

Titus, RockShox, Superstar and Shimano for everything!

Quick update, swapped the tyres for Maxxis Ardent 2.4/2.25s. They are huge! Might get some pics uploaded later...
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    how you getting on with the bike buddy. and quick question. when you bought the frame you said if was on offer. can you remember what price you paid??

may be looking for a new frame and these look nice. but at 850 its a bit steep even though it is carbon.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • £850....steep??....what planet are you on?!
    Its a bargain of ridiculous proportions!.....and they're still showing at £699.99 with free delivery from On-One.

:-)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Agreed, when many similar alloy full sus frames are £1500+, £850 for a carbon is comparatively a steal!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • leaflite
    Think they were £799 when I bought it. I got a pair of top evo spec nobby nics with it free though, as compensation for the several months wait for it to be delivered.
    I havent seen another carbon full sus frame for close to that money, especially one with this brand, design and weight. Despite them first coming out in 2009 iirc, the 2380g frame weight is still up there with the latest from ibis, intense, pivot etc, despite them costing closer to £2k. At £699, its even more of a bargain! Buy it :wink:
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    after looking around i have made myself appear a bit of a dildo there yes. a very good price. they appear to have changed the shape of the top tube-seat tube join as the bracing is alot smaller, a look i prefer. if my frame cant be repaired i may be very tempted to hit the buy button. not sure whether i like the silver/blue or the black/red colour.

also what size bikes are you both riding, and how tall are you guys?? the medium has a 19inch seat tube if im reading the spec sheet right?
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • leaflite
    sanchez89 wrote:
    after looking around i have made myself appear a bit of a dildo there yes. a very good price. they appear to have changed the shape of the top tube-seat tube join as the bracing is alot smaller, a look i prefer. if my frame cant be repaired i may be very tempted to hit the buy button. not sure whether i like the silver/blue or the black/red colour.

also what size bikes are you both riding, and how tall are you guys?? the medium has a 19inch seat tube if im reading the spec sheet right?

Yes, this is a medium.
    The seat tube is quite long, but the top tube length etc seems to be comparable to other medium frames. Try and find the geometry chart for your current frame so you can compare and see which size would suit best.
    Im 5ft 10 ish so was in between small and medium size really. I think I made the right decision getting the medium-it seems to fit well. Ive only just noticed the seat tube bracing, not sure whether this is a new design or just a small frame in the pics?

I prefer the silver/blue, but it depends what colour your existing parts are really. The best looking FTM frame IMO is the blue anodised aluminium version which on one had for for £599, but they seem to only have the green left now.
    If you could source a longer fork from somewhere, its also worth a look at the el guapo for £599.