Phil "the Greek"

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
Not a royalist myself but I do like him. He's one of the old school that doesn't pander to all this PC sh1te and because of his "social standing" while his comments sometimes cause outrage among the professionally offended he gets away with them.

Apart from that, he seems to be a decent fella and I wish him well.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Same here, we need a few more like him in public life.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Baffles me that he's the prime "suspect" in the mind of Diana conspiracy theorists, given that he wrote to her expressing support etc.

Always struck me as a nice bloke - hope he carries on for some time yet.
  • He's one of the old school that doesn't pander to all this PC sh1te and because of his "social standing" while his comments sometimes cause outrage among the professionally offended he gets away with them.

is that code for 'an obnoxious racist' ? :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • He's one of the old school that doesn't pander to all this PC sh1te and because of his "social standing" while his comments sometimes cause outrage among the professionally offended he gets away with them.

is that code for 'an obnoxious racist' ? :D

To some maybe.
    Tail end Charlie

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    He's one of the old school that doesn't pander to all this PC sh1te and because of his "social standing" and entourage of bodyguards while his comments sometimes cause outrage among those whose country he is a guest in he gets away without getting his head kicked in as you or I might.

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Anyway, I wouldn't wish harm on another human being, so I too wish him well.
  • johnfinch wrote:
    He's one of the old school that doesn't pander to all this PC sh1te and because of his "social standing" and entourage of bodyguards while his comments sometimes cause outrage among those whose country he is a guest in he gets away without getting his head kicked in as you or I might.

Fair play fella on your "corrections" but you know what I mean.
    Tail end Charlie

• finchy
    johnfinch wrote:

Fair play fella on your "corrections" but you know what I mean.

Yeah, of course I know what you mean. I'm sure he would have got his head bashed in by at the very least the Hungarians and the Chinese though.

I was at a wedding in Hungary this summer and some of them got offended when an English guest compared the region to the Tyrol, so to offend a large crowd of them would be a suicidally bad idea.
  • rodgers73
    Those Hungarians sound a bit touchy!
  • finchy
    The Hungarians are lovely people but, like many other inhabitants of smaller countries, don't like to be insulted in any way at all. Even if it is true.
  • rodgers73
    I'm not sure comparing an area to the Tyrol, which is lovely, is an insult though!
  • I guess it is the insults that he will be ultimately be remembered for.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 90148.html

Offensively funny.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I wish Him all the best, The greatest consult to a Queen, Since Prince Albert and look at the comedy value there.

Seriously you should check out his War record, hes not just a ceremonial soldier like the rest of them (Maybe Andrew is exempt there).

Get well soon the Duke of Edinburgh.

Apparently he voted for Cav too. Likes his style of Public speaking.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    I recall a report of him being greeted by a flunky at some airport or other.

Flunky. How was your flight sir?
    D of E. Have you ever flown?
    Flunky. Yes sir.
    D of E. (Walking off) Well it was just like that!

Got to love him. Graham. :D
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    tim wand wrote:
    I wish Him all the best, The greatest consult to a Queen, Since Prince Albert and look at the comedy value there.

Seriously you should check out his War record, hes not just a ceremonial soldier like the rest of them (Maybe Andrew is exempt there).

Get well soon the Duke of Edinburgh.

Apparently he voted for Cav too. Likes his style of Public speaking.

Was at school with a guy who was in the Falklands, apparently Andrew was sent out in his chopper in the opposite direction from any trouble to keep him safe.

I too hope Phillip is ok and gets well soon, he's always good for a laugh ( being half Greek myself might colour my judgement :D )
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Is Phil the only Greek who isn't massively in debt?

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!