Gisburn Tues 27th

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited December 2011 in MTB rides
Hopefully a good few of us will be out on Tuesday. At the minute, the plan is to start from the pub (so park in the lane) and aim to start off about 9:30 - 10. This might change to the normal car park depending how many cars are coming, but the preferred start will be the pub.
Combination of a few half loops / loops with plenty of hope line / messing about chucked in. See who braves the slab etc.. By no means will it be a race pace day.. but a whole load of fun hopefully :)

The more the merrier, just don't forget the mince pies :mrgreen::mrgreen:

In the mean time, happy christmas :D

Comments

• gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    Hi, I'm up in Preston over Xmas visiting the folks, so if I bring my bike, I may well be up for this. Been awhile since I've been to Gisburn, so would be fun. Will let you know if I'm coming along.

Happy Christmas,

Greg
  • I asked this in the Gisburn thread but will ask here too (sorry not trying to hijack)...
    But how is Whelpstone crag holding up to all the rain?
    I might be riding some time next week, but I always find the Crag to be a slog in the wet becasue it just turns into gloop!
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I asked this in the Gisburn thread but will ask here too (sorry not trying to hijack)...
    But how is Whelpstone crag holding up to all the rain?
    I might be riding some time next week, but I always find the Crag to be a slog in the wet becasue it just turns into gloop!

Its been manicured Ben, so not to bad any more.

I will be out on the 27th, we may go and have a play on the DH sections as well :twisted:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • 1mancity2
    DodgeT wrote:
    See who braves the slab etc.. By no means will it be a race pace day.. but a whole load of fun hopefully :)

The more the merrier, just don't forget the mince pies :mrgreen::mrgreen:

In the mean time, happy christmas :D

U know im going down it no matter what the weather,
    appy crimbo guys :lol:
  • DodgeT
    I might be riding some time next week

Tuesday is apparently a good day for a ride :wink:
    1mancity2 wrote:
    U know im going down it no matter what the weather

Thought you might say that :D
    gregsd wrote:
    Hi, I'm up in Preston over Xmas visiting the folks, so if I bring my bike, I may well be up for this. Been awhile since I've been to Gisburn, so would be fun. Will let you know if I'm coming along.

Happy Christmas,

Greg

Make sure you don't forget it then :)
  • gregsd
    gregsd wrote:

Happy Christmas,

Greg

Make sure you don't forget it then :)

More a case of not being able to fit it the car with all the stuff we bring with us! Made room for it though, so should see you on Tuesday :D
  • DodgeT
    Update - 9:30 ride off from the dog n partridge (Tosside)

See you there :)
  • gregsd
    Sorry, unlikely that I'll make it now due to a change in plans. Have good ride.

Greg.
  • gregsd
    How was your ride today? How are the conditions up there? Might try and make it there for a ide tomorrow morning now.
  • There's a group of us off to Gisburn Wednesday morning .... hope to be a Cocklet Hill car park about 9.45am ... :)

Looking forward to it .... what are the trails like after all the wet weather we've had ?

Cheers
  • DodgeT
    Ride was really good, bit of drizzle to start, but soon cleared up. 8 of us made it in the end, so not a bad turn out. Had a play on hope line, did the top loop. Had another play on hope line, then did the bottom loop. Then just to make sure we hadn't missed anything, had another play on hope line before going home :)
    Trail conditions were absolutely fine, few puddles here and there to be expected, but nothing to moan about. Roots obviously a bit slippy, but that just adds to the fun.
    Get up there and give it a go :)
  • Had a brilliant day at Gisburn yesterday :) Was impressed how good the trails were to say all the rain we have had :)

Had a run down th Hope Line too ... mucho fun :):):)

Just a shame the Dog & Partridge was shut, was looking forward to some food there ... lol
  • Missed out on going on Monday/Tuesday so all going well I should be there tomorrow if the weather holds out in the morning.

Bloody windy at the mo though!
  • 1mancity2
    Was good ride with some great lads, hopeline is holding up ok bottom section is still a bit soft, DH run was also good, roll on the next outing!! :lol: