Never mind the thieving bankers!

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
It's this lot & their ilk that need dangling from lamp posts!
http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2011/1 ... stmas.html
Robbing straight from our pockets via our taxes! No council worker is worth even a quarter of what these looters are raking in!
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Completely agree! There are way too many public sector "managers" on obscene salaries.

How can someone working for the council be worth more than the prime minister? ? ?
  • and what about the medics that milk both troughs - NHS & private
  • Well, when you live in a society that has a weakest to the wall ethic, people aren't bothered where they/how they obtain their money as long as they get it. Be it private/public/embezelment/armed robbery or a combination maybe just gimme the money you to55ers I don't care about anybody else but me.

I'm suprised people are suprised.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Well, when you live in a society that has a weakest to the wall ethic, people aren't bothered where they/how they obtain their money as long as they get it. Be it private/public/embezelment/armed robbery or a combination maybe just gimme the money you to55ers I don't care about anybody else but me.

I'm suprised people are suprised.
    Not unlike footballers demanding £xxx,xxx per week, when they had a more than perfect salary of £xx,xxx per week.
  • Well that's a balanced piece of 'journalism'...

You pay peanuts and you get monkeys...
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Well that's a balanced piece of 'journalism'...

You pay peanuts and you get monkeys...

Or in Local Government you pay a kings ransom and get monkeys.

FFS none of these people in the article would earn that cash in the private sector.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Or in Local Government you pay a kings ransom and get monkeys.

FFS none of these people in the article would earn that cash in the private sector.

You're right - they'd be on loads more:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15487866
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Unfortunately that is the way society has gone isn't it - top salaries have risen exponentially - as Frank says the only justification seems to be because they can get away with it. Also agree with the point about medics - if you look at public sector employees earning over £100k a frightening percentage of them are doctors - not top surgeons and consultants but GPs - a worthwhile job no doubt but worth £100k a year ? I don't think so.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Completely agree that it is an obscene amount of money. BUT who on here, if offered 100k a year would say no thanks? I wouldn't turn down 100k to sit on my arse all day.
  • Unfortunately that is the way society has gone isn't it - top salaries have risen exponentially - as Frank says the only justification seems to be because they can get away with it. Also agree with the point about medics - if you look at public sector employees earning over £100k a frightening percentage of them are doctors - not top surgeons and consultants but GPs - a worthwhile job no doubt but worth £100k a year ? I don't think so.

As Frank says there should be no surprise, there are very few selfless people who wouldn't take whatever they could put their hands on in any walk of life. One of my mates is a plumber and after his little rant down the pub about high earners I couldn't resist playing devils advocate and pointing out to him that when he was contracting for the council he'd cram the work into 3 and a half days so he'd have the rest of the week for his cash in hand 'friend of a friend' jobs.
  • Completely agree that it is an obscene amount of money. BUT who on here, if offered 100k a year would say no thanks? I wouldn't turn down 100k to sit on my ars* all day.

Don't think me and you see eye to eye politically but, that is my point exactly.
    Tail end Charlie

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    The race to the bottom continues.
  • It will never happen because it's an impossibility, but, until some kind of league table can be devised as to what the genuine worth of a particular task is to society in general and an appropriate salary attached there'll always be debates to be had.
    Tail end Charlie

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    How can someone working for the council be worth more than the prime minister? ? ?

What? You mean how can someone working for the council be worth more than David Cameron?! Seriously?! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Robbing straight from our pockets via our taxes! No council worker is worth even a quarter of what these looters are raking in!
    All of the people in the article also pay taxes.
  • The examples given it that link are pretty bad and i struggle to comprehend how anyone can justify that level of wages. However. The article is just a biased rant aimed at public service worker, the normal anti council worker dirge that has become so popular of late.

This kind of gluttony is rife throughout society, no need to single out council workers et al.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    De Sisti wrote:
    All of the people in the article also pay taxes.

:lol: Game, Set, Match.

The hate and derision of the public sector is entirely irrational.

In fact the political and economic elite's are fostering the irrational hate - it's called divide and rule. The other recent example, as well as public/private sector, was the EU referendum lark. Co-incidentally the article posted by the OP was from a pro EU referendum site. So looks like the OP has been fooled not once but twice! What a berk.