Additional SPOTY Award

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,217
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
OK, we have had the main SPOTY, team award, coach and young SPOTY etc. but I think it is about time they added another, more important, award. Therefore I would like you all to help the BBC draw up the SPOTY beauty award. To overcome the BBC getting embarrassed by a single sex shortlist I will welcome votes from our female forumites (and Rick Chasey) to ensure a mix of male contenders and I would say we should have a sub-category for sporting WAGs and BAHs (that's boyfriends and husbands not some special interest category for my fellow Welshmen!). My own votes are as follows based on last night's SPOTY audience:-

Sportsperson Keri-Anne Payne (with honourable mention to Jessica Ennis)

Sporting WAG Kristina Rhianoff (run close by a very classy looking Mrs Andrew Strauss and honourable mention to Peta Todd who was looking very sophisticated for a page 3 girl).

All nominations welcome.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    So, not so much a SPOTY award as a TOTTY award. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of any of those sportswomen you mention. I have heard of Clare Balding but...
  • Sue Barker ;-)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    So, not so much a SPOTY award as a TOTTY award. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of any of those sportswomen you mention. I have heard of Clare Balding but...

Keri-Anne Payne

_resize_-uploads-Keri-anne_Payne_Thumb_21_280x280.jpg

Jessica Ennis (surely you've heard of her?)

01_JessicaEnnis_OMEGA_New_ambassador.jpg

Kristina Rihanoff (WAG of Joe Calzaghe)

kristina_13_280x39_1125861a.jpg
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    How can you describe one woman as a WAG? That's Wives And Girlfriends; she can't be both.
    Hang on, I'm regretting starting this now as I can see the alternative acronym looming...
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    When she was competing Denise Lewis was pretty tasty.

Jessica Ennis deserves far more than an 'honourable mention' though :cry:

What about Laisa Andrioli: Brazilian Soccer Team :P

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!