oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
edited December 2011 in Track
Just put a 12 minute clip on u tube of me training in portugal and one race :D
Apologies for the music but the wind noise was terrible :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK5Bfqj5fxY&feature=youtube_gdata

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    Just put a 12 minute clip on u tube of me training in portugal and one race :D
    Apologies for the music but the wind noise was terrible :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK5Bfqj5fxY&feature=youtube_gdata

That track is a bit unnerving with the transparent barriers and sunken middle!
  • Nice looking track. I wish there was a velodrome in London. (I can use).

I like the hole in the middle, it means you won't get hit by wayward balls. I also like the transparent barriers too. I'd imagine it adds to the fear factor; fall off AND go down a big hole.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • oldwelshman
    Was fun riding up and down the ramp, supposed to walk but most rode.
    They would not let me film on the track second day which was a shame as it was manic, over 80 riders on the track,all over the place :D they said camera was dangerous, but apparently over 80 riders was not !!
    I will do some filming at newport and on road bike also, I got some clips to edit of a nice decent out there which will look fun :D
    Its a good camer, does HD but hard to compress it and get it on u tube.
    I want to mount it on bars but as yet not found a mount for it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    What camera is it out of interest? I fancy getting one but don't want to spend a lot on it so probably HD will be out for me.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    nice video
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    nice video :)
  • oldwelshman
    Pross wrote:
    What camera is it out of interest? I fancy getting one but don't want to spend a lot on it so probably HD will be out for me.
    Contour HD. Think you can get them for about £100 now.
    I plan to use it training on roads also to record any knobheads who cut me up lol
  • dru
    whens the next installment coming? :)
  • PhilPub
    PhilPub Posts: 229
    You gotta love an on-track video! I've been on an indoor track precisely once, the dodgy OLD track at Calshot over twenty years ago, and this has whetted my appetite for a bit more. I'm turning 40 next year so maybe I should try and get fit enough to justify looking at some Masters competition for my first racing season in aaages.
  • oldwelshman
    PhilPub wrote:
    You gotta love an on-track video! I've been on an indoor track precisely once, the dodgy OLD track at Calshot over twenty years ago, and this has whetted my appetite for a bit more. I'm turning 40 next year so maybe I should try and get fit enough to justify looking at some Masters competition for my first racing season in aaages.
    The video was over hour long I edited it down as it would look even ore boring but one hour on a track is not boring when riding :D
    I think the video gives a bit of idea to soe one what it actually looks like. I was riding on bottom, joining track, blue line riding, banking and efforts, and bank riding so a bit of everything.
    It is a weird track with the lower inner area but dont really notice it when riding.
    The only proble with this type of riding during event is you need to be very experienced and aware as riders could be doing efforts on the black lower line, some doing standing strart same time as others doing pursuit efforts, soe passing over blue line, soe under, it can get a bit hairy.
    During events I tend to go on the track only to check the bikes then for warm ups use the rollers between events.

I have a few more videos to edit, with camera facing back also lol also a decent which looks bloody fast lol
    ANyway go for it, I had 23 years off and turned up and went straight on the track on a vets session on a friday lol that was 5 years ago, I am now 50.
  • PhilPub wrote:
    You gotta love an on-track video! .

this one is good to

http://vimeo.com/33389926
  • dru
    PhilPub wrote:

this one is good to

Now that is awesome - I wonder if they could dim the lights ans get the stereo out and do Newport up like that :)
  • Dru wrote:
    PhilPub wrote:

this one is good to

Now that is awesome - I wonder if they could dim the lights ans get the stereo out and do Newport up like that :)

it was pretty dark at the madison last year alas no music :cry:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Rode that track back in August - it's very nice.

Did you have a chance to jump in the gymnastics foam pit!? :lol:

That's the track where we are going to have our holding camp pre-London 2012. Final tune up before flying to London for the Games. We went this past August to test it out as well as the other facilities we'll be using. Nice area but damn hot in August!
  • PhilPub
    PhilPub Posts: 229
    Hi Pokerface, can I take it you're confirmed for competing in the velodrome at the Paralympics next year? You've just reminded me that I managed to get hold of some tickets for one of the sessions:

Sport: Cycling - Track
    Session code: PCT08
    Venue: Velodrome
    Date/Time: 02 September 2012 14:00

Would you happen to know off-hand whether you'd be riding during this session? If so I'll look out for you. Either way, best of luck for the prep. Must be getting pretty exciting now!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    PhilPub wrote:
    Hi Pokerface, can I take it you're confirmed for competing in the velodrome at the Paralympics next year? You've just reminded me that I managed to get hold of some tickets for one of the sessions:

Sport: Cycling - Track
    Session code: PCT08
    Venue: Velodrome
    Date/Time: 02 September 2012 14:00

Would you happen to know off-hand whether you'd be riding during this session? If so I'll look out for you. Either way, best of luck for the prep. Must be getting pretty exciting now!

Yes I am confirmed, but it's highly unlikely that I'll be riding on that day as it's the Team Sprint and I don't think we'll actually have enough people to make up a full team for the event. But I might be in the Velodrome watching....