SPOTY voting numbers

DrKJM
DrKJM Posts: 271
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
For those of us wishing to vote in SPOTY tonight but will will be out, is there any kind soul out there who could post here, or tweet with hashtags #spoty and #cav, the number for Mark Cavendish after it's revealed? By the miracles of modern technology I will then be able to vote and watch the programme later on fast forward.

Thanks
Kevin

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Thanks, Kevin, but what if we don't want to vote for the man over familiarly known to hundreds as "Cav"?

Surely it would be fairier to list everyone's numbers? Or none at all then we can show our true feelings.
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    I'm entirely comfortable with that. One should of course vote according to one's own conscience or indeed not vote.

EDIT: Hmm. When I look at the posted message it says 'have course' but when I try to correct it it says 'of course'. Consider it amended :)
  • I disagree. Only Cav's voting number should be shared. All other lines should be disregarded
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    DrKJM wrote:
    I'm entirely comfortable with that. One should have course vote according to one's own conscience or indeed not vote.

EDIT: Hmm. When I look at the posted message it says 'have course' but when I try to correct it it says 'of course'. Consider it amended :)

It looks like you have found a glitch in the autocorrect that has been put in place for the grammar police.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Hi derbygrimpeur

But what if we don't want to vote for the man over familiarly known to hundreds as "Cav"?

Surely it would be fairer to list everyone's numbers? Or none at all then we can show our true feelings.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    as long as we don't have to watch the program....
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited December 2011
    DrKJM wrote:
    I'm entirely comfortable with that. One should have course vote according to one's own conscience or indeed not vote.

It's the forum autocorrect rule that's in place in order to prevent thick c**ts from typing "should 0f"...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I wasn't going to vote, but if Cav winning will wind up Alan Brazil, well...............
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Ben6899 wrote:
    It's the forum autocorrect rule that's in place in order to prevent thick c***ts from typing "should 0f"...

*Stands up and applauds BR Grammar Police*

I'm usually quite tolerant about poor spelling and grammar but that winds me right up.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    I disagree. Only Cav's voting number should be shared. All other lines should be disregarded

+1
    While I won't be making a point of watching SPOTY and don't class it as a great thing to win, I do think that everyone should be voting for Cav, merely because he's a cyclist and it may help raise the cycling profile/get people on bikes.

If it was any cyclist in the final, I'd be voting for him or her.

Did Tony McCoy not win last year due to a concerted effort by racing fans via forums etc?
    Think I read he won with 2 or 300,000 votes which doesn't seem a lot considering how many racing fans there must be...same for the amount of cycling fans if we back one of our own.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    It's the forum autocorrect rule that's in place in order to prevent thick c***ts from typing "should 0f"...

*Stands up and applauds BR Grammar Police*

I'm usually quite tolerant about poor spelling and grammar but that winds me right up.

+1

Well done Ben lad, don't let the idiots win.
  • Mark Cavendish's year has been exceptional and he has a personality.
    If I ever voted on such things I would vote for Cav.
  • jonsi
    jonsi Posts: 44
  • Milkmaid
    Milkmaid Posts: 134
    09015 22 26 01
    I've logged three votes for the Missile already.
  • Cav - 09015 222 601