Thetford Forest in winter?

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
edited December 2011 in Routes
Before anyone says anything, I know it's flat as a pancake and the red & black runs are really blue runs etc, but we may be going up to Norfolk after christmas and this could be a good chance to take my 10 y.o. kid on something that's not just a forest fire road.

Does anyone know what state the trails are in at present, especially mud-wise? Also how do they usually hold up over winter after a bit of rain?
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Holyzeus
    Holyzeus Posts: 354
    Good at the moment, TIMBER are working really hard on the trails especially the red. The black can be real wet in winter, keep an eye on TIMBER's and the High Lodge website's for current info
    Nicolai CC
  • Stevo_666
    Ta for that - those websites were useful :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The High Lodge website is unreliable for conditions. The Timber website is more so as it is updated more regularly. You can also see when the build days are planned and which sections are closed/diverted. I suggest you post a question about conditions in the Timber forum about a week before you come up. either thast or send me a pm, you won't remember but you helped me out with trail conditions at Bedgebury a year or two ago, so I owe you one. I will be riding Thetford next Wednesday with my boys so I will have first hand knowledge for you.

P.S. Recent work by Timber on the Red means it is riding very nicely.
  • Stevo_666
    The High Lodge website is unreliable for conditions. The Timber website is more so as it is updated more regularly. You can also see when the build days are planned and which sections are closed/diverted. I suggest you post a question about conditions in the Timber forum about a week before you come up. either thast or send me a pm, you won't remember but you helped me out with trail conditions at Bedgebury a year or two ago, so I owe you one. I will be riding Thetford next Wednesday with my boys so I will have first hand knowledge for you.

P.S. Recent work by Timber on the Red means it is riding very nicely.
    Thanks mate, I do remember that :-)

Unfortunately we've booked to go away down in the South West after Xmas so Thetford will be a 2012 job now - but will bear that in mind when I am headed that way, ta.