How Fast have youbeen on your bike ?

Comments

• b16 b3n wrote:
    Redhog14 wrote:
    b16 b3n wrote:
    thecrofter wrote:
    b16 b3n wrote:
    48mph down a local hill near me. That was my limit before I bottled it and realised I was on a full carbon bike as there was a few potholes
    Another example of not reading the whole thread before responding......

The title of the thread is how fast have you been on your bike? So i responded.

The title wasnt, how fast have you been on your bike and ill tell you if your correct.

or did i read it incorrect?
    sort of as the point by crofter was; did you read the Thread before posting, not did you read the title. but good for you 48mph is perfectly respectable, now where's the proof?

Leave it with me and it can be arranged as ones go pro is in your Wifes stocking for me!

In consecutive days you have managed to offend a whole lotta people on here, the whole gay community, and went to the trouble of creating a new account to try and hide your actions. You are doing well. :lol:
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Chuck Norris rides with neutrinos sucking at his rear wheel.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • waddington, trough of bowland, around 50MPH :) also gone flat out down parbold at maybe 40ish.
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Pross wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Whoosh
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    What was that?! It sounds like a bike travelling at 77mph...

Yep - but when I hit my fastest speed of 785mph it makes a boom :wink:

You probably need to recalibrate, the speed of sound in air is more like 767mph :)
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,688
    You probably need to recalibrate, the speed of sound in air is more like 767mph :)
    Carbon air is lighter and therefore faster.
  • 58mph never ever ever again, I was younger and stupid. It aint worth it.

30mph max now with brakes on.
    Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young
  • 49.2 mph is my record, but i came off my bike at a little over 30mph earlier today, frickin hell it hurts, could be a while before i get the guts to go for 50...
  • Where's that double facepalm picture..........
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Pross wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Whoosh
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    What was that?! It sounds like a bike travelling at 77mph...

Yep - but when I hit my fastest speed of 785mph it makes a boom :wink:

It takes account that I was riding uphill at 70,000 feet at the time. My peak speed was 785mph, the boom may have occurred just before as I accelerated up a short section of 25% road. My eyes were watering a bit at that point so it was hard to tell :)
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Where's that double facepalm picture..........
    sfichele wrote:
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Already posted this link but here it is again.

Looks like a problem with this model of cycle computer, here's another thread from a cyclist using the same computer that also managed to get to 77mph. Doubt that's a coincidence, sounds like a bug.

Atech F13

Oh dear!

double-facepalm.jpg
  • thecrofter wrote:
    Where's that double facepalm picture..........

We have moved on..

demotivational-posters-quadruple-facepalm.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    I went fast once or was it twice? Not as fast as some but definitely faster than others. My mate in Zambia told me I was really fast and he's a cheater. I think one day I might go faster but then there will probably be a head wind so I will go slower, them's the brakes.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Where's that faceplant picture..........

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlY6iK1ohYyhggc0EC3bcMJuo_wmDAS7L2d5TxGMzwAk3usuFgQQ
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    retards-birds-demotivational-poster.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I went so fast I overtook myself coming the other way on my way to work this morning.

I was looking kinda handsome and pro (well, both of me were) so I didn't mind too much.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    b16 b3n wrote:
    48mph down a local hill near me. That was my limit before I bottled it and realised I was on a full carbon bike as there was a few potholes

Just out of interest, fag mph or hetero mph? Would hetero mph be faster as its more, well, manly and can fight and drink and kill meat?

Either way, not very fast really .......
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    no-speed-limit-2.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    52mph, on the glide down to Aberystwyth years ago, nowadays I am more sensible so my speed is closer to my age.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • JesseD wrote:
    52mph, on the glide down to Aberystwyth years ago, nowadays I am more sensible so my speed is closer to my age.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Right, where is the 'suicide' emoticon?
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    suicide%20-%20because%20some%20people%20should.jpg
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I managed 22mph down to 0mph in under 1 second thanks to a ruddy dog running into the road - can anyone beat that for a deceleration?

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    I managed 22mph down to 0mph in under 1 second thanks to a ruddy dog running into the road - can anyone beat that for a deceleration?
    Yes, but unfortunately my computer was one of the things that was broken by the impact so I have no proof
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    bompington wrote:
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    Yes, but unfortunately my computer was one of the things that was broken by the impact so I have no proof

It's not a record that I would recommend trying to break - my own sudden stop resulted in a torrent of abuse directed at the dog walker that almost saw me get a police caution :oops:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • b16 b3n
    b16 b3n Posts: 301
    Yossie wrote:
    b16 b3n wrote:

Just out of interest, fag mph or hetero mph? Would hetero mph be faster as its more, well, manly and can fight and drink and kill meat?

whats your point? really....
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • b16 b3n wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    b16 b3n wrote:

whats your point? really....

bn - what are you on about - - this thread is about how fast you have been (allegedly)
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    When I got home from work last night I checked my computer as I got home in record time. Max speed 147.6 mph!!!

I think something, somewhere has gone wrong with it.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • been down a hill at 60mph pooped myself nearly, not done that for a while...
    (go that fast i mean;)....)
    best bike: raleigh avanti U6 carbon comp
    10m tt pb:23:42.
    25m tt pb: 1h 2min( only done 2)
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,688
    10 PRINT "ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"
    20 PRINT "Went down a hill at [random speed +/- unbelievability quotient]
    30 GOTO 10
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    This thread makes me laugh - if anyone is looking for the secret to eternal life, just look at this thread. I don't think it will ever die. :D

Forums are a bit like a conversation in the pub - they start off one way but soon change direction and meander down their own path. Meanwhile people keep arriving half way through the conversation who have missed all the twists and turns. The only difference is that on a forum they've not excuse for having missed the twists because they are there to read - they just CBA.