How Fast have youbeen on your bike ?

Comments

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Finally got round to watching the video. . .
    (1) Not 77mph. Kph, just possibly as a peak speed
    (2) Using both sides of a road with what appears to be inadequate sightlines - not a good idea
    (3) What does the cameraman keep looking down at?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Things went wrong for me at over 40mph once. Broke my leg in three places (that's three places on my leg, not three different towns)
    Here's the graph...
    Blue is speed, garmin showed a max of 44 at which point I hit the gravel on the corner.

Crashride.jpg
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Very expressive how the blue line drops to zero and then there's that couple of little peaks just after it - I've got a vivid picture of the Garmin, unattached to the bike, bouncing down the road . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    40mph is about the point when my @rse begins to squeak.

Above that speed you know that any off is going to hurt. A lot.
  • all very interesting, thanks for the entertainment, though Im doubtful if some of you can se the irony. happy christmas.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    all very interesting, thanks for the entertainment, though Im doubtful if some of you can se the irony. happy christmas.

You mean it was a joke ? After you tried to justify it with "The computer was on the bike in front" ?
    Even so, irony is the wrong word.

Happy Christmas to you too
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • all very interesting, thanks for the entertainment, though Im doubtful if some of you can se the irony. happy christmas.

:lol:
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Funny how many far fetched stories later turn out to be "a bit of fun" or "just a joke" and people are then accused of a sense of humour failure.

I found this thread extremely funny :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Funny how many far fetched stories later turn out to be "a bit of fun" or "just a joke" and people are then accused of a sense of humour failure.

+1
  • MattC59
    PeteMadoc wrote:

I love the way he resurrected the thread, after 10 days and after it had fallen off the front page.
    Genius !! :roll:

:mrgreen:
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Hahaha this thread cracks me up every time.

Happy Christmas to you too, have you asked for a new computer?
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • 87kph road bike Strock Absolutist 1.0 with Cosmic Carbone SL descending Mont Ventoux to Malaucene

94kph fully laden barracuda touring mountainbike descending Paso San Francisco, Argentina 4700m asl. Think the thin air might have helped.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    87kph road bike Strock Absolutist 1.0 with Cosmic Carbone SL descending Mont Ventoux to Malaucene

94kph fully laden barracuda touring mountainbike descending Paso San Francisco, Argentina 4700m asl. Think the thin air might have helped.

Have you got a video?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    87kph road bike Strock Absolutist 1.0 with Cosmic Carbone SL descending Mont Ventoux to Malaucene

Think you've missed point, this thread isn't about how fast you actually have been
  • 87kph road bike Strock Absolutist 1.0 with Cosmic Carbone SL descending Mont Ventoux to Malaucene

Think you've missed point, this thread isn't about how fast you actually have been[/quote]

ah, if that's the case... then flapping barbour jacket on my fixie down Dundas Street (Edinburgh) wearing a pair of ski goggles, half cut after a boozy lunch in Deacon Brodies - clocked at 50mph by the rozzers going through the red lights on the corner of Eyre place. Spinning out like wind turbine in a force 10.
  • rozzer32 wrote:
    Hahaha this thread cracks me up every time.

Happy Christmas to you too, have you asked for a new computer?

secret santa has a £10 limit. so yes..

Think you've missed point, this thread isn't about how fast you actually have been
    ah, if that's the case... then flapping barbour jacket on my fixie down Dundas Street (Edinburgh) wearing a pair of ski goggles, half cut after a boozy lunch in Deacon Brodies - clocked at 50mph by the rozzers going through the red lights on the corner of Eyre place. Spinning out like wind turbine in a force 10.
    No way, could you do 50mph down Dundas St. 50kph maybe, Lothian & Borders finest must be using an Atech F13 radar gun. Video or it never happened............and even if you've got video, it still never happened
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • sfichele wrote:
    The picture of the computer suggests he was going - 77 mph. There appears to be a minus sign

Now that I'd like to see ;)

Maybe he was going backwards.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I saw the title of this thread and though 'Regular topic; read this kinda thing before...'

How wrong I was, lovely stuff.
  • b16 b3n
    b16 b3n Posts: 301
    If you did 77mph on a MTB with 26inch wheels on. My question is this. HOW THE FREEK ARE YOU NOT DEAD?

I think you didnt set you computer to the correct wheel size, massive D'OH! :mrgreen:
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • b16 b3n
    48mph down a local hill near me. That was my limit before I bottled it and realised I was on a full carbon bike as there was a few potholes
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • b16 b3n wrote:
    48mph down a local hill near me. That was my limit before I bottled it and realised I was on a full carbon bike as there was a few potholes
    Another example of not reading the whole thread before responding......
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12810035&start=60

quick before it goes... who will be first?
  • b16 b3n
    thecrofter wrote:
    b16 b3n wrote:

The title of the thread is how fast have you been on your bike? So i responded.

The title wasnt, how fast have you been on your bike and ill tell you if your correct.

or did i read it incorrect?
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • Pross
    Whoosh
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    b16 b3n wrote:
    thecrofter wrote:
    b16 b3n wrote:

The title wasnt, how fast have you been on your bike and ill tell you if your correct.

sort of as the point by crofter was; did you read the Thread before posting, not did you read the title. but good for you 48mph is perfectly respectable, now where's the proof?
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Pross wrote:
    Whoosh
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    What was that?! It sounds like a bike travelling at 77mph...
  • MattC59
    This gets better everytime I open it !!!
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Pross
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Whoosh
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    What was that?! It sounds like a bike travelling at 77mph...

Yep - but when I hit my fastest speed of 785mph it makes a boom :wink:
  • b16 b3n
    Redhog14 wrote:
    b16 b3n wrote:
    thecrofter wrote:
    b16 b3n wrote:

sort of as the point by crofter was; did you read the Thread before posting, not did you read the title. but good for you 48mph is perfectly respectable, now where's the proof?

Leave it with me and it can be arranged as ones go pro is in your Wifes stocking for me!
    " GET BACK CROC "