Christmas irony

Redhog14
Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
So what have you spotted on this topic?
To get us started:

That "Military Wives" song which contains the line "light up my life, my Prince of Peace" that'll be the guy who usually reverts to a General Purpose Machine gun and handgrenades to "light things up" and bring about some peace then...

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Popcooooooorrrrn !!!

I'm staying well away from that one mate !!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Redhog14 wrote:
    To get us started:

That "Military Wives" song which contains the line "light up my life, my Prince of Peace" that'll be the guy who usually reverts to a General Purpose Machine gun and handgrenades to "light things up" and bring about some peace then...
    Because he's got no friggin' choice, he didn't ask to go there and it's kill or be killed.
  • Redhog14
    MattC59 wrote:
    Popcooooooorrrrn !!!

Classic example of how the written word can be expressionless at times esp on the internet... I come from a family with a background of military service. Go figure!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Redhog14 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Popcooooooorrrrn !!!

Classic example of how the written word can be expressionless at times esp on the internet... I come from a family with a background of military service. Go figure!
    Err, no, it's up to you to say what you mean, not us to guess it.
  • Redhog14
    Oh dear, just that I saw a bit of irony of the line in the song thats all.
  • bompington wrote:
    Redhog14 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Popcooooooorrrrn !!!

Err, no, it's up to you to say what you mean, not us to guess it.

Is there anything you don't get offended by? Are you one of them health and safety officers?
  • Redhog14
    Irony out of stock then -- I'm off to eat eccles cakes till 2012..

like this one..6548663191_6fd7c92fa2.jpg
  • Smokin Joe wrote:
    Redhog14 wrote:
    To get us started:

Because he's got no friggin' choice, he didn't ask to go there and it's kill or be killed.
    He could have chosen not to join the Army....... If you become a soldier, sailor or pilot it's irresponsible and naive to not think that at some time you may be required to kill or be killed. That's what the military does. Anyway back to ( almost) the topic.
    Isn't it ironic by Alanis Morissette......none of the things she mentions are irony. Now that is ironic.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I find it ironic that every thread on every forum (including this one, it would appear) about Christmas - a time supposedly about goodwill to all, peace on earth etc - descends into a good old shouting match and general purple-faced rage. Can't we have a funny thread about the time Nana farted like a fat dog after too many sprouts?*

Humbug, you set of ba*tards!!! :lol:

*True story - she died not long afterwards and the stench on that day made me believe she wanted one of us to go first.
  • Redhog14
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    I find it ironic that every thread on every forum (including this one, it would appear) about Christmas - a time supposedly about goodwill to all, peace on earth etc - descends into a good old shouting match and general purple-faced rage. Can't we have a funny thread about the time Nana farted like a fat dog after too many sprouts?*
    Humbug, you set of ba*tards!!! :lol:

*True story - she died not long afterwards and the stench on that day made me believe she wanted one of us to go first.

thats' more like it..
  • Redhog14 wrote:
    To get us started:

Thats funny - i'm nicking that for facebook.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I blame Wiggle.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Oh dear, just that I saw a bit of irony of the line in the song thats all.

I knew exactly what you were getting at Red, I just thought I'd stay out of this as, being an emotive subject, and as with other threads, there's always some who don't agree and make their feelings known rather aggressivley.

And I forgot to add the smiley at the end of my first post :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    I asked the wife what she would like for Christmas this year?
    She said -"Oh,something to make me look nice when I`m out with the girls"
    So,I`ve bought her an iron.
    Now that`s irony.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Redhog14
    here's some irony for you - a strucural engineer turns up to survey a bell tower in an old church, only he wont climb the ladder cuase he is afraid of heights... is there not a clue in the name?
  • pd2123347.jpg

Oh, sorry...... mis-read the title...... my bad
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Needs to tidy them pubes up a bit. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Needs to tidy them pubes up a bit. :D

That armpit hair is outrageous.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    I was doing Christmas shopping with a friend and he said "you don't understand irony do you?". Which I thought was ironic as we were stood in a bus shelter at the time
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I was doing Christmas shopping with a friend and he said "you don't understand irony do you?". Which I thought was ironic as we were stood in a bus shelter at the time

I have to admit, I spent about 15 seconds thinking "what on earth?"
    After the penny dropped, I had had tears of laughter rolling down my face. :D
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Just reminded by that photo - a mate when I was at university was ironing his trousers just before putting them on, which (obviously) meant he wasn't wearing trousers. He managed to run the iron across both his legs (not just one), earning himself the nickname "Ninja" for his astonishingly slow reflexes. Which was a bit ironic.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    morstar wrote:

I have to admit, I spent about 15 seconds thinking "what on earth?"
    After the penny dropped, I had had tears of laughter rolling down my face. :D

Glad you said that as there will be people who won't get past the "what on earth" stage : :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    thecrofter wrote:
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Redhog14 wrote:
    To get us started:

He could have chosen not to join the Army....... If you become a soldier, sailor or pilot it's irresponsible and naive to not think that at some time you may be required to kill or be killed. That's what the military does. Anyway back to ( almost) the topic.
    Isn't it ironic by Alanis Morissette......none of the things she mentions are irony. Now that is ironic.

Oh yes! Traffic jam when you're already late on your way to a conference on traffic congestion would be better (but doesn't scan too well) :)