Cramp while riding

kris1293
kris1293 Posts: 11
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
Everytime I go out on my road or mtb I either use my road or mtb shoe's with my SPD-SL pedals or SPD's the shoe's aren't the overly expensive type cost £45 each pair but I always get cramp on my left foot on the outer egde, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, I thought it might be my positon of my cleats but after much adjustment it's still the same and in the same part of the foot, I'd just like a bit of advise or to see if anyone else has suffered from this.

Comments

• Ride more.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    It might be that the insoles of your shoes aren't supporting your feet properly. Try getting some shaped to your feet, they'll probably help.

The Specialized Body Geometry foot beds get good reviews, as well as the Sidas foot beds.
    I also use Conformable footbeda in my ski boots and walking boots, but they may not be suitable for cycling shoes.

Hope this is a little more helpful than the previous post.

Cheers........
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    had this in my right foot a year back, after some research i used bike fit wedges, fixed the problem for me
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Kamzter
    Kamzter Posts: 191
    I get a pain between my shoulder blades, might have to have a look at the height of my saddle maybe.
    40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!
  • Kamzter wrote:
    I get a pain between my shoulder blades, might have to have a look at the height of my saddle maybe.
    Try a shorter stem too. That's what did for my shoulder/neck pain.