The road uphill

ridley2010
ridley2010 Posts: 115
edited January 2012 in Pro race
Anyone seen any of this docu? Chasing legends was pretty awesome so hoping this may be as good.

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • good U-tube trailer. Very haunted face on Frandy at the end. Would love to see it, I really like these behind the scenes docus.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I've been in touch with the Producer/Director about dates for a DVD/Blu-Ray release and received the following response:

To: The Mad Rapper
    Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:23:13 +0100
    Subject: RE: [IPL R9] The Road Uphill

The DVD is not yet out. THE ROAD UPHILL is a feature documentary, it’s for the big screen, so we’ll have it first released in cinema in the next months.

The DVD will not be released before Eastern 2012, at earliest.

Best regards

Paul Thiltges
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,384
    Eastern 2012?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Dabber wrote:

It's also true that Bruyneel shot a round of 38 under par and hit 5 holes-in-one on his very first attempt at playing golf.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    ddraver wrote:
    Eastern 2012?

He means Easter 2012.
  • looks like a good watch, i wonder when/if they will make a good quality film on say Cancellara targeting Flanders and Roubaix
  • My missus had a look at the article on road.cc about it and commented "Road uphill... good title... no way it could be Road downhill with that pair of numpties".
  • Looks good, hate waiting until Easter though!
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Saw this in the cinema today in Luxembourg. It's pretty good - nicely filmed and a decent build-up, although a little less intense than Chasing Legends. There is a short but rather moving section about Wouter Weylandt. The film is very interview heavy and I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more race footage but overall definitely worth watching. My parents also sat through it quite happily and they have only a passing interest in cycling.