Monday Meh ning

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited December 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Morning chumps
Today I will be trying to set work in order so that I can book the rest of the week off.
No easy task!
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• Over the weekend my Blackberry went blue with everyone telling me that the work I did last week was wrong. So this morning is going to be spent rewriting blx in a different way.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

1) It's stupidly cold
    2) I have "a cold" but it feels more like man flu is coming
    3) I have to go round and walk the grandmother's hound shortly.
    4) It's ridiculously cold.
    5) I'm off to Cannock for the day where I'm promised it's cold and icey
    6) I love lists
    7) Got the latest Assassin's Creed yesterday and if it weren't for the fact someone is coming to give me a lift to Cannock I could gladly spend the day playing on it.

Laters

Edit. I just remembered the bike has Kenda SB8's on it too and I really can't be arsed with changing both tyres, maybe stick something muddy/spikey up front and leave the back as slippery as an eel, should be interesting.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    mornin

Cold morning due to the ferkin heating being fubar (again), hopefully fixed before Christmas. Thankfully spent a couple of hours with a chainsaw yesterday, so whilst my back is killing me, there is plenty of wood.

My legs are also exceptionally sore due to a 16 mile run yesterday, the first half was good, but the 2nd part was basically ice - so slipped more than ran.

Today is dealing with legal type kn0bs and some study later.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Exes and double exes, and triple exes. Hell, this one's for the quad exes too.

Toooo much caffiene this morning and I'm buzzing like an ugly birds vibe.

Today will mostly be spent controlling the shakes and sticking some stainless bits together before delivering them to the customer at the end of the day. Built a bike yesterday for SWMBO, so I'll stop off at the LBS, enroute to said customer, and pick up a 180mm adaptor for the front caliper.

Onwards! Definately onwards! Did I say I was buzzing? I'm sure I said I was buzzing. Yeah.

I think I just bit my tongue.....
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    only 2 more mornings till Hols.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    morning all,

unpacking after our office move
    bacon
    ring sting from Sambal Udang w/extra chilli last night

one more get up and i am done for the year!

CRC delivery arrived this morning (before work aswell) so wednesdays ride i will get to try out these 5.10's, not bad for free although they do look like special shoes?!

Fork decals looking sweet!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Monday's are a bunch of @rse.

Workmeh
    out for some beers tonight, which should cheer me up a bit...
    Roll on Friday
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    Morning,

I'm on a recovery day after 7 days of drunken debauchery, culminating in a 12 hour session in London yesterday. I've not even seen my bikes for a month due to drinking and working on Salisbury plain for 2 weeks. It's just too dammed cold for me to get my bike out today, therefore I will be whacking up the central heating (along with the gas bill) and curling up in front of the TV with bacons and brews.

On another note, (I know I shouldn't but…………..) It found it highly amusing watching people cycling on the pavement and falling off due to ice when I drove into town on Saturday.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Morning homos.

My mum went home this morning, so returning to normality for a couple of days before christmas now.

Have now decided not to sell the Edison. Seems daft seling a bike I'm extremely happy with to buy one I've never tried. Instead she's being stripped down, anodized black, then completely upgraded.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Interview today so fingers crossed..just done some company swotting so quite confident...

If all fails I have another one tomorrow....and if that goestitsup...I have a litre of Jamerson's Irish as a fall back.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Morning Bum Nuts!

I'm not in work until 3rd January! WOOOOOOOO!! :D:D:D
    Feckin busy week ahead of me though. Today my mission is to get as many Christmas Presents as I can be ar$ed buying and then getting as many wrapped as I can be ar$ed with too.

Then this afternoon is my Departments Christmas Do. Meal in a pub, followed by drinking in said pub. Hot Librarian will be there, and she's off home tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Anywho's, laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,713
    Morning Twatwaffles,

Off to Bluewater for some shopping :-( although will probably escape the worst of it by heading to the nearest coffee shop with a bike mag. Out for beer 'n' curry tonight :-) That's all for now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kaise
    Kaise wrote:
    unpacking after our office move

brilliant, the office d!ckhead is not sat in our cluster, frustrating! he's the type that he has to use a handsfree at ALL times and wears it constantly, so when you are talmking to him and his phone rings, he answers and just walks off

meh!
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    edited December 2011
    Morning Muffins,

2 togo, busy xmas break only chance I have of getting out on the bike will be Tuesday 27th, bummer!!

Tried to gain information on pressies last night, anything bike related I ask?

No! reply

Double bummer...
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    /\ /\ got one of them (d1ckhead that is, not hands free). Every time his phone rings, or someone asks him something, he has to stand up out of his chair and talk really loud.
    May have something to do with him being a shortass. (no offence meant to shorter people in general of course :D )

Anyways, last day today :D:D:D Bring on some good rides over the next 2 weeks.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I cbf to do anything but will eventually start wrapping the xmas presents, then pop into town and get the new assassins creed game, then see who's skiving off work/college/uni.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    royal mail better deliver my stuff today because i want to go riding tommorow. if they don't they'll all be left with their heads backwards in a ditch
  • I'm off work today... trying not to buy things.

Payday on Friday though... :twisted:

currently enjoying my 1st free xmas pie of many... yum.
  • Kaise
    afternoon clag nuts, the office is dead, like not a soul around, tomorrow is definately an early (15:30) finish i reckon!

got a meeting from 2 til 6 today and then a meal round at some of missk's friends, which although nice, i would rather be out on the bike as the weekend at my rental units was pretty hectic and my sister is staying over at our until tomorrow! urgh!

what i'd give for the peace and quiet of the trail!!
  • Yeah I was planning on going out today for my last ride of the year, but I'm having to wait for shitty-stink (city-link) to p-p-p-p-p-pickup a parcel.

Today off work, then working tuesday and wednesday and back to northern land wednesday night.
  • Kaise
    i was ooop norf this weekend, sunny glossop had some snow which is always nice, pity i didnt have the bike with me though!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternooon homos

Cannock was nice and quiet. It was very wet too, and cold. Taken a while to clean the bike, and then the house, there was a very obvious trail of mud leading from the door upstairs to the bathroom but that's sorted now. This afternoon will be meh on the playstation, followed by possible stripping the bike down a bit and giving the bb a look over, then climbing later.

Tomorrow is DH play. Win.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    they did deliver :) now it's all fitted and ready to ride tommorow
  • Then this afternoon is my Departments Christmas Do. Meal in a pub, followed by drinking in said pub. Hot Librarian will be there, and she's off home tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.
    Well that was pretty rubbish!

I am pretty pi$$ed, but nobody else was really. Hot Liibrarian only had 2 drinks then left for the cinema, my minion left not long later and it ended up just me and some other girl (not so hot) drinking until 11. Meh. I'm no where near as drunk as I want to be.

Meh. Tonight's sucked really. Should have gone out on Friday. Meh
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro