150mm Sektor R with upgraded X-firm coil

6517424341_9196ed542f.jpg
Hayes Stroker Ryde with X7

6517429091_e2ee2fbe1a.jpg
Über Clearance even running a 2.35 High roller

6517433933_7b893abcf4.jpg
"three finger bridge" adding more clearance at the Bottom bracket

Frame:
Forks: Rockshox Sektor R 150mm (X-Firm Coils Fitted)
Bars: Ragley Wiser Bar
Stem: Ragley Stubbing Stem
Headset: Nukeproof Warhead
Grips: Ragley Lock-on

Front Brake Lever assy: Hayes Stoker Ryde
Front Caliper: Hayes Stoker Ryde
Front disc: 180mm
Rear Brake Lever assy: Hayes Stoker Ryde
Rear Caliper: Hayes Stoker Ryde
Rear Disc: 160mm
Hoses: Hayes

Shifters: SRAM X7
Cables: SRAM
Front Mech: SRAM X7
Rear Mech: SRAM X7
Chain Device: N/A

Seat: Madison Flux
Seat Post: Thomson Elite Layback
Seat Post Clamp: Ragley QR

Cranks: SRAM S1000
Chainring(s): 44/36/22
Chain: SRAM PC1031 with Powerlink
Cassette: SRAM PG-1050 11-32t 10spd cassette
Pedals: DMR V8 Sick Green
Bottom Bracket:

Front Wheel: Ragley "Turning Circle" Wheelset
Back Wheel: Ragley "Turning Circle" Wheelset
Tire: Maxxis High Roller 2.35

Weight: 12.85kg (weighed)

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    After all the hype and waiting.....you must have been disapointed opening the box to find that.......
    Only joking...icon_wink.gif very nice and love the Kawa green !! enjoy !
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Love it. Long travel hardtails are so much fun.

Reckon you should try and get some green decals for the forks, just a thought though.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Defo thinking about it now you've said it!

I don't even know where to start looking to get them though! I want a green seat as well!
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    are those your shoes in the background?

bluepig he looks a little off colour to me.. he's feeling green...
    and have you been weighing him already....

nice bike looks smart in the green colour,, just needs a little mud all pigs love to be muddy.
  • Kaise
    Thomson Elite Layback Post
    Madison Flux seat transferred from the Specialized

rides like a dream, just waiting on those fork decals now!
  • Kaise
    A bit more of a detailed first ride report then;

Weather: sh!te
    The bike rode really well, a couple of skitty moments on the odd berm at high speed but i i was running the tires on a higher that normal psi (ie i have been too lazy tho let air our since CRC delivered the bike) the twisty sections of the track really let me throw the bike around and then the "red section" bomb hole saw first flight completed without any real dramas.

After the ride i have decided to change the seat post for my Thomson Elite Layback and the Madison Flux saddle i use on my Stumpjumper.

The Rockshox forks have come fitted with the standard medium weight coils, as i am 17st the fork is bottoming out pretty easily so changing the coils for the X-firm flavour next week. On order from TF Tuned. In the future when i come in for a major service on the forks i might upgrade to the U-Turn Coils with U-turn Top cap giving 110mm to 150mm adjustment but we shall see how this beast rides until then

Just had the proof through for the custom fork decals, a few minor tweeks and they should be here by friday, looking pretty trick if im honest (cheers Angry Bird for the idea) and once on the bike will be in my mind perfect!
  • Looking great! Let us know how that headset holds up in this Shite weather over the coming months. I like the warhead bars and stem for my new build and am so far undecided on headset.
  • Looks a sweet little number - looking to get one in the new year but debating a wheel upgrade... any thoughts or opinions on the "Ragley Turning Circle" WSet?
    Also has anyone actually weighed their full set up as there is a lot of "thats not right" vs "yes it is" arguments flying around (oh dear!)
    Pain is a by-product of fear leaving the body
  • Kaise
    Ragley turning circles seen to be arlight at the moment, i'll let you know after they have done a few serious outings. The few (two) people i know who have been using them a while seem to be happy with them

I'll weigh mine tonight it you want
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Kaise wrote:
    Just had the proof through for the custom fork decals, a few minor tweeks and they should be here by friday, looking pretty trick if im honest (cheers Angry Bird for the idea) and once on the bike will be in my mind perfect!
    can't wait to see the pics when there on, i think they'll really top it off, will look the dogs danglies :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Keep us informed mate when you get it on some steeper stuff.

I always liked the idea of LT hardtails but when tried a few and owned one i hated them pasionately to ride. but nicely finished peice of kit :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Don't they do them in blue FFS? ;-) Nice bike and well kitted out - have to say I looked at one of these when I got unnatural yearnings for a HT :-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kaise wrote:
    I'll weigh mine tonight it you want

Yeh that would be great - just want to see if the quoted weights on Ragleys webpage actually match their off-the-peg full builds. Is it a 16" or 18" frame?
    Pain is a by-product of fear leaving the body
  • Kaise
    New 150mm Fixed Length X-Firm coil fitted to the Sektors, made a world of difference to the ride quality for me (yes at 17st i am a fatty)

6517451617_d572aba2b5.jpg

Not the most interesting of pictures i must admit!

Decals are still with the royal mail, its christmas so i am cutting them some slack

Weighed the bike after the coil change and it weighs 12.85kg (less than the quoted weight on the ragley website).
    this is with it as it is in the new pictures at the start of the thread.

Looking forward to riding it again but unfortunately work and stuff are in the way, might squeeze one in tomorrow! doubt it though
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Nice that, reminds me of my green 456...

So whats happening with the stumpy, you keeping that or has it gone / going to pastures new ??
  • nice :)
  • Kaise
    Custom forks complete!

Before;
    6517419021_37dcb3eaa7.jpg

After
    6533605957_bc54047f12.jpg

6533546239_caa4bbf76d.jpg

Thanks to sean at Spiral Graphics
  • angry_bird
    Now they look amazing, much nicer than the red.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Angry Bird wrote:
    +1 to that, said it would look the dogs :D , were the original decals easy to take off ?
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Kaise
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    +1 to that, said it would look the dogs :D , were the original decals easy to take off ?

yeah, just very stong clear stickers, the new ones are a thicker vinyl as well so should last well!
  • What you need now are some techno lime green pedals and some flow rims on techno lime green switch evo hubs.

Nah, does look very good though, almost makes me want to get another HT, even though I'd not be able to ride it for another 8 months :lol:
  • Kaise
    What you need now are some techno lime green pedals and some flow rims on techno lime green switch evo hubs.

Nah, does look very good though, almost makes me want to get another HT, even though I'd not be able to ride it for another 8 months :lol:

Sick green DMRs are already fitted!

need some brown grips to match the saddle but i think that can wait until i have worn out the current ones!

cheers for all the compliments on the bike, its been worth the wait to get it thats for sure!
  • Kaise
    Came off the piglet on a berm, brakes didn't work and then did sending me off the berm in to a tree......
    Bent the rear Hanger but the rear mech survived. My leg took the brunt of the fall with a set of house keys thrown in the mix! See below, (after 2 hours!!)........
    6581114723_ab24a3d894.jpg

this is the size of a cd!!

Straightening the rear hanger was easy really, thank god for the steel frame!

The headset was loose after the crash and on retightening the top cap with a torque wrench to 7Nm this happened,
    6581096997_b703080c70.jpg

So Hayes Stroker Ryde brakes = dog dirt, the spring has failed on two sets of Hayes pads, they are binary to the max either ON or OFF, no gradual braking and when needed didn't actually stop me!

So they have been removed and replaced with a set of Shimano 2011 SLX with ice tech pads. instantly better, just need to shorten the hoses today

Pictures to follow
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i would reccomend getting a hope head doctor instead of a star nut. it's a bit more money but in my opinion, much better.

hayes naver made any good brakes really, always felt bad and under powered. you can't go wrong with shimano brakes; good power, great feel and easy to work with
  • Kaise
    New pictures from a break in todays ride, new slx are looking good and working well, bike is riding sweet, especially down a bit of very steep natural single track i found in leigh woods thats hasn't been ridden in a while!

6589329359_76df275117.jpg

6589326731_da83beecb6.jpg

6589324349_e35dc08821.jpg

6589322211_85894fe4dc.jpg

6589317061_4dae2b03fc.jpg
  • angry_bird
    Very nice, can't wait to see this thing in the flesh.
  • That last picture is sick, with the graffiti matching the bike and all.
  • Niiiiice :D Look like a fun bike!

Not too keen on the rear stay strengthening brace (4th pic down on the 1st page) - looks a bit untidy... You would have thought a simple bar across would have done the same job and looked a lot neater!
    Probably makes for a bit of a crudcatcher though :lol:
  • Lovely bike, the last two pics are very arty indeeed! The fork decals look fantastic, I'm toying with the idea of custom decals for mine but can't make my mind up!