hello forum people

Team4Luke
Team4Luke Posts: 597
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
I have just registered, couldn't find anywhere for newbies to introduce themselves, so this seemed a likely place. I am a member of a cycling club, I am also one of three riders in team "Team4Luke" to raise awareness for cardiac risk in the young, with a charity ride in the Lakes and some other events this year, £10,000 was raised.
My racing background is TT since 1994 but have now called it a day a year or so ago and like nothing better than a ride to the nearest cappachino and cake, still keep fit with a little training with the gang or on my own.
I'm on a couple of car forums too, another hobby of mine.
I hope to contribute on here and help where I can with answers.
Let's hope I have posted in the right area otherwise I'm sure it will get moved :roll:

Team4Luke
Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young

Comments

• nax-ian
    nax-ian Posts: 209
    Is that 'Team fluke" or "Team for Luke"?
    Jus askin, like
    Finished
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Evening !!
    Welcome along.
    As per all new faces, you must read the following threads as initiation:
    "Be Warned"
    "Do Something"

Both by Speed_King and both Legendary !!
    :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Hi and welcome,you`ll find we`re a lively bunch and like nothing better than to debate the merits of items such as `helmet/no helmet`,best bike under a grand,what wheels etc-gets quite heated at times.Enjoy.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    The question is, do you blame wiggle?
  • matthew h wrote:

Blaming Wiggle is so 2011, blaming the beeb is the future.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I thought blaming Cameron for his negotiating with the EU was the thing to blame for everything that will transpire between now and the end of 2012?

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • matthew h wrote:

Dont tar the whole BBC with David Attenboroughs dirty sordid little brush. :x
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    matthew h wrote:

Dont tar the whole BBC with David Attenboroughs dirty sordid little brush. :x

Yes but was a wild brush or a zoo brush who can tell

T4L - Welcome along fella... watch out for the quicksand of asking "serious" questions on here... and btw nothing is quite what it seems.

As a gift to us all and so we can get to know you a bit better I feel you should present us with a nice picture of your choosing in your next post!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Welcome to the forum, mate. And well done raising so much money for such a worthy charity. A friend of ours passed away from an undiagnosed cardiac condition. We try to do our bit here and there to contribute to the foundation set up in his name, which supports CRY.

I'd also be interested to know which car forums you frequent. Because I do as well! :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Welcome, how fast have you been on your bike?
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • Welcome.

You mention that you like cake (which should go without saying really) but you neglected to say what your favourite cake is or where you stand on the Eccles cake debate.
  • Nax-ian wrote:
    Is that 'Team fluke" or "Team for Luke"?
    Jus askin, like

never twigged that :D brilliant

I'm sure Luke will be have a giggle at that from above :D
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Welcome to the forum, mate. And well done raising so much money for such a worthy charity. A friend of ours passed away from an undiagnosed cardiac condition. We try to do our bit here and there to contribute to the foundation set up in his name, which supports CRY.

I'd also be interested to know which car forums you frequent. Because I do as well! :D

Ben

am a Ford fan through and through, I'm on fordfiestast.co.uk and fiestastoc.com
  • thecrofter wrote:
    Welcome, how fast have you been on your bike?

1) 58mph down Fleet Moss quite a few years ago, however since then I have unfortunately seen what can happen on more than one occasion, including a death and this year a member of my club in front of me suffering wheel wobble at I'm guessing over 40mph in front of me and coming down, to see someone not moving and all you can do is call for an ambulance is most unpleasant, we are so vulnerable with no protection, please be careful when descending and keep your speed down, I tend to descend now at a speed that I think would "survive" should something happen (30mph max for me)
    Only advice I can give is pay attention to cross winds before letting loose, something we don't consider and usually just bomb down.

2) 29mph ave in a 10TT
  • Welcome.

You mention that you like cake (which should go without saying really) but you neglected to say what your favourite cake is or where you stand on the Eccles cake debate.

Eccles Cake is a no no

Almond Slice is the aim, if not anything with sponge, a filling and icing or chocolate on top :lol:
  • cake should be always be followed up:-
  • thanks for the welcome all
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    A friend of mine suddenly lost his 24 year old son on holiday a couple of years ago, through a cardio problem. The father now spends a lot of time raising money for CRY and I try to support when I can. Good luck with future rides and well done on those done so far.

Oh and welcome.
  • belated welcome
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    O hi friends ..i am new in this forum.
    My name is Macklin.
    i am says to hello to forum people. i am ride my bike is very safely and wearing always helmet.ok

here we go....
  • Duck
    The older I get the faster I was