Training after Chemo?

Trev Magill
Trev Magill Posts: 23
edited December 2011 in Health, fitness & training
What would the best way to train after Chemotherapy as I have just compleated my course and now I'm just starting a new form of treatment?
Is there anyone in the Larkhill, Wiltshire area that I could train with?
Dirty weakends are the best. (mountain bikes forever)
L2 Mountain biking leader & Coach.
(Mongoose Salvo Sport)

Comments

• I have started training to do the winter challenge on salisbury plain. The trick is to take it steady but still push yourself. also to wrap up warm because if you catch an infection it could be dangerouse. I need to keep my energy levels up so plenty of porage oats and almost ripe bananas (some green still in the skin). Keeping well hydrated as well :)
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sounds like you are doing well! Does your doc have any input on a regime?
  • Considering there is no cure for the condition I have the only input that they have given is to "walk and not run". AS IF. If you tell someone not to do something what do they do?
    The thing to do is not to let it get control of you, you need to get control of it. P.M.A. (Positive Mental Attitude)
    I'm aiming to get my time back down to a steady 10 miles in 30-40 mins, then increase the distance at the same pace. :wink::)
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Well just be careful! My condition has no cure too, and overdoing it can and will have catastrophic consequences. So to start I built up slowly with a graded exercise programme to allow my system to get used to the load.
  • My fitness is not to bad as I'm still serving in the HM Forces with two years to go. I need to keep up the fitness as I also Windsurf in the Forces Championships. The reason I'm having to build up my speed again is my old bike ( Marin wolfridge 6.7) was nicked earlier this year and the insurance has just sent me a new bike. I hate theaves :evil: That was just after I got the good news. (NOT)
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)