Any riders in Skipton?

12345679»

Comments

• CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    Some great routes around Embsey/Bolton abbey way but don't know about guisley area. I'd love to meet up but my wife is due our second child anytime now (due date was yesterday) so I can't go too far from surburbia until then

Ilkley Moor is another of my fave blasts. Steep long climb to start then moorland rocky descents. Feels quite natural but still technical in places. I've done the same route with riders on HT's to riders on downhill rigs and there seems to be something for everyone there
  • CharlieH
    If you do fancy Ilkley, I may be able to manage that as I wouldn't be too far from the car should I need to get away in a hurry
  • Hi, Just be wary if you go to Ilkley as I was there last weekend and there are some recent footpath improvements plans in place and signs have been put up to say that bikes are prohibited.
  • CharlieH
    WTF!!! I hope that is temporary?
  • smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    Happy to ride any where,Saturday or Sunday ? will have to be about 10/11ish preferably within 45mins drive :)
  • CharlieH
    Where's everyone vanished too? Got a bit more free time over the winter if anyone's not afraid of the weather (and I've been trying to work on my hill climbing a bit more and need to see if it's made any difference whatsoever) ;)
  • Still here, football most Saturdays, other half has been working a lot of Sundays.

Not had the MTB out in anger for a couple of months now, been running a bit though and done a few road rides before the weather turned.

Would be good to get out soon.
  • CharlieH
    Hi Ed :) I must admit I've been a little busy as our new addition arrived last month (Thomas, weighing 9lb 9oz) so I've had my hands full. I've been out on a few rides as well as getting a turbo trainer for the garage in an attempt at trying to get my legs a bit better for the uphills.

I'm hoping to get over to Dalby after xmas if anyone else is interested?
  • CharlieH wrote:
    Hi Ed :) I must admit I've been a little busy as our new addition arrived last month (Thomas, weighing 9lb 9oz) so I've had my hands full. I've been out on a few rides as well as getting a turbo trainer for the garage in an attempt at trying to get my legs a bit better for the uphills.

I'm hoping to get over to Dalby after xmas if anyone else is interested?

Congratulations on the new additions, Thomas and turbo....

Let me know when you are doing Dalby, might be a stretch as maybe off skiing for new year but not finalised as yet.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Im going down to Scarbourgh visiting rellys so may waz the bike in and meet you there..
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • CharlieH
    Got this sat (new years eve) off if anyone's up for a ride? Nothing epic, just a couple of hours out somewhere to burn off the Xmas calories.