mini track pumps

hainman
hainman Posts: 699
edited December 2011 in MTB buying advice
looking for a new pump as i had a wee spot of bother on my last outing....
my mate had a halfords mini track pump and it was so much faster,easier and handier than my pump,so im thinking of investing in one but unsure whats best to go for.
ive seen the topeak one for £20-ish and the lenzyne one for £25 ..
what would be the best value for money??
Giant Reign 2
Crohnie

Comments

• Mini tracks are a bit point less. Whole hog or don't bother IMO, but that means 2 pumps.

Lenzyne's are quality bits of kit - properly made and quite sexy if that's possible for a pump.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I guess you mean a portable pump with a foot, rather than one of those mini-track-pumps that are designed for carrying around in a car?

Truflo Evolution is brilliant- almost exactly like a Mountain Morph except it won't fall apart so fast. Lezyne's one is lovely and feels like it'll last forever but comes with their horrible screw-on valve adaptor I think, and shifts less air than the Truflo does. But tbh they all do the same job well, and it's really hard to go back to hand pumps once you've used one.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    sorry northwind thats the job i was thinking of.aye the lenzyne one is a screw on job but looks pretty sweet.
    for what they do i'd be better of with one of them to a normal hand pump as they seem to be easier to use and alot quicker to fill a tyre...
    will have a look at the truflo one.quite like the look of the bontrager to.
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I've had a mountain morph for a couple of years now, still going strong and a huige improvement over the Lezyne mini pump I had before, but then it's bigger, so it would be!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."