What angle set?

spudly1979
spudly1979 Posts: 172
edited December 2011 in MTB buying advice
Guys, looking at a cane Creek Angleset to slacken my bike off slightly, but I'm unsure which one I need!

Its a canyon nerve am 6.0, currently with an acros Aix 03, tapered headset ( I believe!). So I looked at the website and it asked for several measurements and I put in what I thought - 1.5 inch lower, 1 1/8 upper and it said I needed this:

SHIS:ZS44 - 1-1/8" ZeroStack (ZS) upper
SHIS:IS52/30 - 1.5" Integrated (IS) to 1-1/8" Conversion lower

Anyone know if this is right? I was thinking going with the 0.5 degree change to drop the headset angle down to 68 degrees.

Ps does any other company do a similar product?
Canyon AM 6.0
At some point i am going to manage to jump one of these things.....

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    first problem is youre canyon most likely comes with a tapered steerer tybe, in which case, you cant fit an angleset, you'll new a new crown/steerer for your fork, circa £125-150 if you can get one, plus the cost of the angleset, its hardly worth it imo

a company called works components do some similar but again, not for tapered steerer tubes
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What fork do you have, and what standard?
  • It's a fox talas 150mm, what do you mean by standard?

Lawman - both cane creek and works say their kit will fit tapered steerers?
    Canyon AM 6.0
    At some point i am going to manage to jump one of these things.....
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    spudly1979 wrote:
    It's a fox talas 150mm, what do you mean by standard?

Lawman - both cane creek and works say their kit will fit tapered steerers?

is your forks steerer tube straight or tapered, should be easy to tell simply by looking under the crown, if its a tapered steerer tube on the fork, an angleset wont fit, as there isnt enough room to achieve the offset and the steerer tube, if your fork is a straight 1'1/8th steerer, then yes you can fit one but afaik canyons come with tapered forks so you cant fit one, without changing the crown/steerer assembly on your fork as i previously mentioned, which just isnt worth the outlay for the sake of half a degree
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Based on the information you have supplied, Cane Creek don't list an Angle Set designed for your frame. They only do the lower cups in zero stack or external cup variety. And your lower headset is integrated.