Boardman AiR 9.8

Cornish-J
Cornish-J Posts: 978
edited April 2013 in Your road bikes
Well here's the finished article - sorry about the crap pics, i've been waiting to get some outside for a couple days now and it's just been constantly raining!

ps - it's currently on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boardman-AiR- ... 2eb9d7b8ab

Spec..

Frameset

Boardman AiR 9.8 Frameset

Groupset

Sram Red Tour Edition Shifters/STI

Sram Red Tour Edition Front Mech

Sram Red Tour Edition Rear Mech

Sram Red Tour Edition Brakes

Sram Red Compact Chainset – 50/34 172.5m

Sram Red Chain – 1091R

Sram Red Bottom Bracket Bearings

Shimano Ultegra 11-25 Cassette

Steering/Saddle

3T Rotundo Carbon Team Handlebars

3T ARX 100mm Stem

Fizik Bar Tape

Fizik Arione CX Carbon Braided Saddle

Wheelset

2011 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL

Continental 4000s Tyres

6477767817_4c1baa6e86_z.jpg

6477781477_d1df9e85ba_z.jpg

6477801029_26f4250cf3_z.jpg

6477793421_7da89c57e0_z.jpg

6477807911_a18a3d391e_z.jpg

6477775407_ab29ec31e6_z.jpg

Comments

• Can I ask why you are selling it?
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • thanks .. i wish i knew about the 'going well' bit lol

regarding the for sale question - i'm not really desperate to sell or looking to sell in fact but if someone was willing to pay pretty close to that figure, i couldnt really say no .. only costs a quid to list it so no harm in testing the water. I still dream of owning a cervelo one day!
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    Do you mind mentioning the bike shop that built it, just for myself for future reference ?

(PM me if you don't want to say out loud)
  • Nah I dont mind stating at all, Cycle Logic - Helston. Couldnt recommend them high enough.

Just had a bike fit done for the boardman too, really really impressed with everything from them.
  • Cornish-J wrote:
    regarding the for sale question - i'm not really desperate to sell or looking to sell in fact but if someone was willing to pay pretty close to that figure, i couldnt really say no .. only costs a quid to list it so no harm in testing the water. I still dream of owning a cervelo one day!

it may only cost a quid to list, but have you thought about the paypal/buy it now fees?!
    nice bike btw, looks lovely!
  • 40 quid for eBay and PayPal don't charge fees anymore for eBay purchases.

Thanks btw :)
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    Cornish-J wrote:
    Just had a bike fit done for the boardman too, really really impressed with everything from them.

as a matter of interest - was the bike pic taken before or after the fitting..?
  • The pics were taken this evening, so after.
  • Pseudonym
    Cornish-J wrote:
    The pics were taken this evening, so after.

I was afraid you might say that. Frame looks a bit small for you, imo...
  • daveb99
    daveb99 Posts: 273
    Cornish-J wrote:
    40 quid for eBay and PayPal don't charge fees anymore for eBay purchases.

Thanks btw :)

Lovely bike. But I beg to differ on the selling fees...if you get £4k for it on eBay, and the buyer pays by Paypal, you'll have to pay around £130 to Paypal as a transaction fee. They simply deduct it from what you receive. They are quite simply the Estate Agents of the t'interweb (without the shiny suits).
    2012 Scott CR1 SL
    2013 Dolan Dual
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
  • Looks really nice. Frame's not too small, what's wrong with a little post? Looks virile. Tho that red line on the stem is killin' it, if it was yellow that would smash it.

Who taped your bars? Are you riding Madisons or something? :-) Current fashion seems to be to back off the tape as 'bar manufacturers add ever more branding on the clamping section.

How much does it weigh? What was the bare frame?

£4000 for a Boardman? Not so sure about that. You can get a decent Colnago or Pino for that. This bike IS sold thru Halford, don't forget that.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • The High end boardmans are sold from other dealers, not just halfords
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    That is one sweet bike, black bar taped shorter though 8)
  • Looks really nice. Frame's not too small, what's wrong with a little post? Looks virile. Tho that red line on the stem is killin' it, if it was yellow that would smash it.

Who taped your bars? Are you riding Madisons or something? :-) Current fashion seems to be to back off the tape as 'bar manufacturers add ever more branding on the clamping section.

How much does it weigh? What was the bare frame?

£4000 for a Boardman? Not so sure about that. You can get a decent Colnago or Pino for that. This bike IS sold thru Halford, don't forget that.

This bike IS NOT sold through halfords.
  • Pseudonym
    Frame's not too small, what's wrong with a little post?

looking at the amount of post showing, and the amount of spacers under the stem, my guess is that he would still be perfectly comfortable on the next size up..
  • I opted for the smaller size as the bike will be used for very short fast rides, crits etc. It's better to have spacers in as you have room for improvement in terms of flexibility. If I got a 'large' and slammed the stem I'd be limiting myself slightly, I know you could still get negative degree stems etc but I've had the fit done and feels a good position for me, just need to get out and ride it when it eventually stops raining!
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Don't normally like Boardman frames, but that looks nice.

I'd get rid of that compact, but each to their own a
  • Cheers :)

I need a compact down here in Cornwall - too many short, sharp hills for a 39.
    I'm also a bit of a lightweight so high cadence is how i train and ride - grinding a 39 doesnt suit my style.
  • Jamez117
    Jamez117 Posts: 80
    If it were still for sale i would make you an offer but it wouldn't be 4k :)
    Ps that joker offering £800 wtf :evil: