Cannondale delivery problems again

Kiwi_rich
Kiwi_rich Posts: 68
edited December 2011 in Road buying advice
I ordered a 2012 SS 105 3months ago with the initial delivery date given as 6th Nov. This date subsequently slipped to 18th nov due to shipping delays. No confirmation call on Friday so I chased the bike shop today to be told that I wouldn't receive it until 6th Feb.

WTF is going on with cannondale - this is the 2nd time this year I have been messed around by their inability to stick a couple of carbon tubes together bolt on a few components & ship the result to the UK.

I cancelled my order & i am now giving up on cannondale - i have lost seven months of using my no 2 bike this year. I assume everyone else is having the same problems?

I think I will order a canyon in its place.

Comments

• rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Cannondale have this problem every year, they are very popular bikes and quickly go out of stock. You did order extremely early though, would have thought you'd be near the front of the queue. I had to wait to wait a couple of months for my 2010 SS, no major delays. My brother had his delivery date slip further and further back for his 2011 SS from November to May. He went to the LBS and asked what else he could get for a similar price and said he may cancel his order and get from elsewhere, the bike turned up rather promptly after that, strange. Not saying the LBS were blagging it but suddenly it was expected in within two weeks.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Wheelies just advised that the Giant bike I want for my daughter (age 5) wouldn't be available till September next year ! Surely it'd be a different model by then ?
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    To quote the Jam "someones going to sh*t on all your dreams tonight"

Have been deliberating over a Dale SS 105 or a Caad 10 Ultegra for the last few weeks. Was even considering getting a 2010 SS 105 that was in the Window at leisure lake Breaston (56cm) at £1400, but now all stock everywhere has gone at that price only 2012's now at £1799.

Where did you place your order. Does anyone know if the lead times are similiar for Caad 10' s. I would love either but a delay like that would really pi*s me off.

Have seen some older model 58 cm Super Six's knocking about at the £1400 mark , might try one for size
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Think Cannondales come up a little big (but then I'm small).
    Try allterraincycles.something they have some I think.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • I think there are issues with delivery of caads as well. I would buy last seasons model but I need a size 63 and they seem to be old out.
  • found this thread after a google search. i ordered a slice in october. i was told it would take about a week, but then found out cannondale was switching computer systems. they said that would take a week, but one week turned into two, and then more. the system switch really seems to have thrown them off. they lost track of the bike for a while, then finally said it was shipping last week. today, my dealer told me they said it's shipping today.

completely ridiculous. this isn't even a high-demand new bike; it's a leftover 2011 model on closeout. why they can't simply ship it and be done with it is beyond me.
  • I ordered a frame in 1991, it still hasn't arrived.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles